Bulkhead rust - 230CE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hairy1305

Car
C123 230CE, Ford Ranger Wildtrak, VW UP, W108 coming.
OK, having a but of time to myself, I removed the carpets, seats and trim around the front passenger bulkhead, ready for the sides to be repaired and found a lot of rust in the passenger bulkhead area. I haven't checked the drivers side yet, but I am going to imagine the worst.

Questions: Should I replace the rotten parts, or simply order a new bulkhead, if they are available? It's going to be a bit of a job, but I am not going to can the car, the rest of it sems to be very good.

Any ideas as to what route would be the best to take?

Thanks

Hi,
I would get a new bulkhead then if it doesnt need the whole thing it can be cut up and used for the patches, perfect as the preformed shapes in the metal will be there and will be an exact match for you're own.

Yeah, was thinking about that, so have some petrolhead friends in Germany looking for me; my hope is that it's just the upper parts of the floorpan, but the welder gets hold of it next week, so at least I'll know the worst of it within the week. Just makes the project that much longer and the restoration that much more thorough I guess. Went out for a smoke in it yesterday, and it's still suck a lvoely car. With the rials fitted and a 50mm drop I am sure my heart will still ache.

Also looking for a W114/5 couple now too.

Cheers Andy.

Careful welding that area, there's lots of insulation and wiring that can light up.

Thanks, yeah, I had a poke around yesterday; I’ve asked the Welder to remove the dash and wiring if he can, as it will ignite. I am having the inner bulkhead done too, and I’ve asked if I can be there with a fire extinguisher just in case. He is insured lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom