Bulkhead thgrough holes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manofgresley

Car
CLK 320 Elegance Convertible
Hi All.
I have a CLK 320 (2001) I need to run extra cables from the cabin through the bulkhead and into the engine bay, to save me time and stress has anyone ever done this, if yes can they advise me the best /easiest place to do it.

Check the extreme corners of the bulkhead/wings, high up in the foot wells. Often wiring grommets present with spare ways

Have a look below the fuse box in the engine bay. Let us know how you get on please.

Hi

Which fuse box please, i have found 2.

I need to exactly the same on my 203 c class coupe and have finally found the easy way (thanks to Richard).

Slide the drivers seat back & remove the plastic panel (which is held in by 3 torx screws)
that is above the pedals. Now looking towards the front of the car & upwards you'll see a grey coloured padded piece of sound proofing gently pull this down & you'll see a dirty yellow coloured piece of foam in rectangular hole about 100mm x 75mm, pull this foam out completely & you'll see a mass of cables; these are the cables that come own from the fuse box (drivers side rear of engine bay), carefully poke a long cable tie through the hole . If you now remove the fuse box cover you'll see the cable tie has entered the engine bay, tape the end of your new cable to the cable tie & simply pull it through into the engine bay. It's easy honestly but laying on your back looking up & under the pedals is just a little uncomfortable.

BTW Why are you running a cable from front to back ? I need to do it to fit an aftermarket set of parking sensors

Dave

Thanks everybody, especially Dave, excellent description, bad back me, i will get my son to do it.

Last edited:
That's cheeky mate

I understand honestly, it took me about 25 mins in all, if good weather tomorrow, I'll finish the job & take some photos of the area described

dave

Thanks everybody, especially Dave, excellent description, bad back me, i will get my son to do it.

Ok, here's a picture of the aperture in the bulkhead & you'll notice a red single cable that I fed through to the engine bay. Hopefully it should be similar in your car

Please excuse the quality of the pic it was difficult to focus when lying sideways & on your back

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that helped me, job now done.

I'm going to use this method to install front facing night vision camera paired to an android head unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom