Bullies on Internet discussion forums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly... bit like the Famous Five... ?

No that it is relevant as there is no bullying on here... just a few weak minded fools that cant hack the environment.

Who does that make you, then? Alfred? :dk:

Not read all of the posts in this thread. BUT! In general, bullying grows as the forum gets bigger with more members.

I have previously come across certain forum where an newbie came on to ask a question, and first replied from an experience member was do a search!!

Nice!! :wallbash:

What's wrong with that?

99% of questions have already been asked & answered, multiple times.

What's wrong with that?

99% of questions have already been asked & answered, multiple times.

As well as getting a tailored answer, there's a social element to posting a thread and receiving a reply.

Most enjoyable for the majority, as the huge forum membership shows.

I received a comment when I first started on here with 'RTFM' on it. :)

You are not alone in receiving this helpful advice, I have had it multiple times from the same, ever helpful source. If you just respond with humour, it stops eventually and you even get a few who support you along the way as you try to raise a smile and share an experience.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/amg-performance-lounge/152823-petrol-warning-fail-8.html

It's a bit like those idiotic people who call phone-ins discussing whether a law should change to say "if it's illegal to do X, then that's the law and you shouldn't ever do X" It is apparently logical, but shows a deep lack of imagination and empathy and, more importantly, negates the point of the phone-in in the first place.

If we all read the ****ing manual, what's the point of a forum to chat about the experience of owning the damned car? This is an alternative, more humane, accessible and occasionally humorous manual isn't it?

I see you read Joyce. What do you think? Have you read Portrait of the Artist...?

I see you read Joyce. What do you think? Have you read Portrait of the Artist...?

To be fair I tried to read Joyce, many times. I even bought an audio book and put it in the car, which actually made more sense because the lyrical quality of the writing is obvious when spoken out loud. However it is a bit soporific and that plus DISTRONIC+ on the motorway is a recipe for a brief snooze before a crash, so I gave up.

You are not alone in receiving this helpful advice, I have had it multiple times from the same, ever helpful source.

Probably time for you to read the manual then, instead of writing long slagging off blogs to cover your lack of thought.

p.s. Have a smile. :)

Probably time for you to read the manual then, instead of writing long slagging off blogs to cover your lack of thought.

p.s. Have a smile. :)

Thanks, and thanks for the blog plug, it's always nice to know someone reads it, even if you don't seem to like it, I do appreciate that it involves you putting in the effort.

Have a banana:bannana:

Thanks, and thanks for the blog plug, it's always nice to know someone reads it, even if you don't seem to like it, I do appreciate that it involves you putting in the effort.

I couldn't pass comment on something I hadn't read.

Erm, but you just did pass comment....:wallbash: I believe is the emoticon used by younger people at this point.

Erm...

As I said, I couldn't pass comment on something I hadn't read. Thus, as I had indeed read the windbag blog of yours, I could pass comment.

Nice try, but :fail

Erm...

As I said, I couldn't pass comment on something I hadn't read. Thus, as I had indeed read the windbag blog of yours, I could pass comment.

Nice try, but :fail
Sorry, I mistook your earlier comment for sarcasm, Now I realise it was literary criticism. No idea why you'd read it if you don't like it, but each to their own I suppose.

Dieselman - can't you see that this thread and title is about people behaving exactly like YOU[\B] right now, right here in this thread?

I really shouldn't have to spell it out but when you post such unpleasantness in this thread of all threads you must either be doing it deliberately or be staggeringly obtuse and obtuse you are not.

It is not in the spirit of this forum - please re-read Koolvins first post in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 219
It is not in the spirit of this forum

What exactly is the spirit of the forum Spike :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom