Bullies on Internet discussion forums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is the spirit of the forum Spike :rolleyes:

Despite the sarcastic :rolleyes: I think that is a good question.

I was going to find examples of the spirit of the forum where members have gone out of their way to help others. Threads where people have gone above and beyond to contribute to the forum and this community we have. Examples of people giving their time, energy and often spending their own money as a way of giving back to the club. I then came to the conclusion that this wouldn't be an adequate answer.

I think MBClub should have an official definition of "spirit of the forum". A mission statement for want of a better phrase.

I will start a thread on this very subject so we can all provide input to see if we can collectively come up with something really meaningful that answers this important question.

I suspect that the 'spirit of the forum' will be like an English gentleman; you can't define one, but you know one when you meet one - and these days, more and more, you know who is not one...

Good luck.

trapperjohn said:
I think we have this already Spike.

Bringing together Mercedes Enthusiasts (and a wee bit more) For the good and betterment of their cars and lives.

It does not have to sound as arty farty as that but you see what I am getting at.

Sounds a good summary to me

What exactly is the spirit of the forum Spike :rolleyes:

Sometimes from the anger things inspire, it appears to be the aftermath of one too many vodkas or whiskeys...

How about aspiring to good humoured, opinionated, informative, anarchy without any malice?

Dieselman - can't you see that this thread and title is about people behaving exactly like YOU[\B] right now, right here in this thread?

I really shouldn't have to spell it out but when you post such unpleasantness in this thread of all threads you must either be doing it deliberately or be staggeringly obtuse and obtuse you are not.

It is not in the spirit of this forum - please re-read Koolvins first post in this thread.

Once again, in your rush of blood to your head, you are forgetting that I am merely responding to the below quoted post.

You are not alone in receiving this helpful advice, I have had it multiple times from the same, ever helpful source. If you just respond with humour, it stops eventually and you even get a few who support you along the way as you try to raise a smile and share an experience.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/amg-performance-lounge/152823-petrol-warning-fail-8.html

It's a bit like those idiotic people who call phone-ins discussing whether a law should change to say "if it's illegal to do X, then that's the law and you shouldn't ever do X" It is apparently logical, but shows a deep lack of imagination and empathy and, more importantly, negates the point of the phone-in in the first place.

If we all read the ****ing manual, what's the point of a forum to chat about the experience of owning the damned car? This is an alternative, more humane, accessible and occasionally humorous manual isn't it?

If a poster wants to take pot shots at others, especially after writing inaccurate, long-winded blogs, they should expect incoming.
As far as sticking to the forum mantra, I am probably one of the best members on here...or is the "New" mantra to write drivel as long as it gets one noticed and maybe a cap doffing audience?

p.s. Isn't it time you put things right and lifted the ban you imposed on ***, who retaliated to bullying from several members?

Dieselman said:
p.s. Isn't it time you put things right and lifted the ban you imposed on ***, who retaliated to bullying from several members?

The very same *** who has had comments deleted by admin this week over on pistonheads for slagging off mbclub ?

The very same *** who has had comments deleted by admin this week over on pistonheads for slagging off mbclub ?

After the way he was treated, that's not really surprising is it?

IIRC, weren't you one of the people attacking him in his absence? ;)

So that's where the banned members go.

I suspect that the 'spirit of the forum' will be like an English gentleman; you can't define one, but you know one when you meet one - and these days, more and more, you know who is not one...

Good luck.

That strikes a chord.

Even the Church of Satan official website sets its standards...

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] "Participants are expected to maintain our basic rule of behaving like civilized ladies and gentlemen."[/FONT]

...God bless them. :rock:

Spite.

Your issuing long term pathetic infractions get ever more petty. Arguing with the Admins..what a ridiculous reason.
Definitely a toys out of the pram moment for you there.

You may notice the plural is incorrect, it is only one Admin that incites such comment.

Bullies on Internet...
Reason: Arguing with Admins again
06-09-2013 10:44 AM by Sp!ke 1 / 06-03-2014 10:44 AM

For this post.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/gene...nternet-discussion-forums-16.html#post1772016

How about aspiring to good humoured, opinionated, informative, anarchy without any malice?[/FONT][/COLOR]

Which is what exactly this forum used to be before some $hit stirring two face people joined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom