Bullies on Internet discussion forums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until this time i didn't meet any kind of bad people in this forum because honestly there are only the nicest people in MB, realy i like posting in this one!

Ive been bullied and threatened on here in the past. Well, someone tried lets put it like that...

Mods, Admins and my lawyer sorted it out quite decisively. Well done to all.

Hi All

just wanted to give the alternative view and offer my support to whoever was the recipient of the unwanted attention.

I first became a member of the forum a few year ago, under a different username and as a newbie i was full committed to engaging with other enthusiasts of the Mercedes mark, but following a comment I made to an existing member (and I promise you it was insignificant in it's nature) the "member" than starting lying to other members making up all sorts of ridiculous stories including I had sent the police to his house!!!

At the time the silly comments from one stupid and immature individual were the reason I left this forum, I made several attempts to complain to the modulator without any response, but the individual was still allowed/able to post his venomous lies, I finally requested that my account be completely removed, and spent some time removing all posts and picture under my account.

I hope the fact that i returned shows that i know the vast majority of member here are decent honest and friendly people, but my experience taught me a valuable lesson about sharing personal information within a forum.

I am sure you will have noticed I have made an anonymous username to post this comment, thats shows I am still nervous about what I post here under my username.

And finally, to the frequent contributors and moderators of this forum thank you for an interesting and informative forum, to the individual who feels "bullied" you are not alone and the person making the unwanted comments you are not worthy of my time, thoughts, consideration or comments.

Of course I

I was a long time poster on this forum under another username but I had some unpleasantries with a realtively new member. (I was threatened rather than "Bullied").

It's a forum, so I stopped posting and didn't make a big song and dance about it, I've had far worse real world problems than a threat from an internet warrior. However, I post for converation and discussion and to pass the time when the good lady and daughter are watching any number of soap/reality junk that I'm not interested in.

When I decided to start posting again I felt it was more appropriate to start with a new account. A couple of people have already twigged who I was before hand anyway (this isn't an invitation to start guessing ok!).

I'm not even sure if the person in question still posts here, I didn't bother to look as with a new account there's no need to.

I like this forum, there's an eclectic group of people here and it's pretty easy to work out the nuisances and simply ignore who you want to.

Last edited:
I've got a suspicion who both the above are, and if they are who I think they are (and even if not) it's good to see you back.

The negatives should not be allowed to overcome the positives on a forum such as this.

Long live MBclub and the like....

I received threatening PM from another member several years ago. I just put the person on my IGNORE list.

I was a long time poster on this forum under another username but I had some unpleasantries with a realtively new member. (I was threatened rather than "Bullied").

It's a forum, so I stopped posting and didn't make a big song and dance about it, I've had far worse real world problems than a threat from an internet warrior. However, I post for converation and discussion and to pass the time when the good lady and daughter are watching any number of soap/reality junk that I'm not interested in.

When I decided to start posting again I felt it was more appropriate to start with a new account. A couple of people have already twigged who I was before hand anyway (this isn't an invitation to start guessing ok!).

I'm not even sure if the person in question still posts here, I didn't bother to look as with a new account there's no need to.

I like this forum, there's an eclectic group of people here and it's pretty easy to work out the nuisances and simply ignore who you want to.

I have had my suspicions,that certain members,or member,communicate with each other,other than by this forum, maybe, pm's or phone, and they make attempts to exclude,or isolate other members. If this indeed does happen, these very sad people should be banned from the forum forth with .
Also any members,that are contacted privately by another member with these intentions,should be exposed by that member,after all "Forum" means "open discussion".
I would have thought,that the management of this forum,could quite easily spot, behaviour of this type,with their experience of certain posters and threaders,and also the pattern of certain members who just seem to thank and reply to each other,on an ongoing basis .

When you're a newbie to a club like this it's hard to immediately pickup on the humour of some people. What long serving members have to remember is that newbie's are normally new to Mercedes Benz in general so will have questions that seem stupid at times. If you're making a fly comment maybe add a smilie so the newbie knows you're joking and not taking the 'P'. Also people will join this club after a google search looking for a solution to a problem with their car, so a flippent comment isn't helpful at all when they're maybe a little stressed over it.

I received a comment when I first started on here with 'RTFM' on it. No smilies so I took it as an insult. To be fair it wasn't the only comment I took as an insult, and did consider never returning, but I've learned that some people on here are very forthright in their comments no matter how the other person feels. It's just the way this club is, and I've embraced it.

Just my tuppenth worth. :)

Last edited:
I received a comment when I first started on here with 'RTFM' on it. No smilies so I took it as an insult. To be fair it wasn't the only comment I took as an insult,

Yep, that was me and I will apologise for that. Sometimes other things that happen both on here and away from here can cause shortness in answers.
In my defence though, I'll say I had already said what W and S stood for and advised on which mode to use the switch in. :)

Yep, that was me and I will apologise for that. Sometimes other things that happen both on here and away from here can cause shortness in answers.
In my defence though, I'll say I had already said what W and S stood for and advised on which mode to use the switch in. :)

It's one thing making a mistake/upsetting someone but it's an honest man that can publicly admit it on an internet forum-fair play DM.

It's one thing making a mistake/upsetting someone but it's an honest man that can publicly admit it on an internet forum-fair play DM

What, so if you admit it after after you've been called its OK? Where was the apology before now?

I've been bullied, its not nice and its very difficult for people who haven't to understand.

What, so if you admit it after after you've been called its OK? Where was the apology before now?

I've been bullied, its not nice and its very difficult for people who haven't to understand.

There are some very poignant remarks that could be made in response, however I shall refrain...:)

I was refering to one post where a forum member may have come across as being rude to the original poster & apologised after realizing it was his reply that was in question,i am in no way condoning any form of bullying/threatening/insulting behaviour & for the most part have seen very little of it on this forum in the time i've been a member i'm pleased to say.

My advice would be don't take things too seriously on the internet even though it's sometimes hard and just give as good as you get...

I mainly come on here for advice, this forum is good and can teach you allot of things, I've met a few nice people from here.

Obviously there are allot of idiots on here, it's life, idiots are everywhere, just ignore. :)

There are some very poignant remarks that could be made in response, however I shall refrain...

I'll admit I never saw the original thread/post that you are now apologising for so I shall also refrain.

My own experience with bullies is that people suck up to them
I was refering to one post where a forum member may have come across as being rude to the original poster & apologised after realizing it was his reply that was in question

If an insult was given or some kind of bullying then the apology should have been done there and then. I haven't seen the original so maybe my view is wrong, but all I see is you sticking up for and congratulating somebody for "doing the right thing"

I assume you vilified him in the original post?

I feel a blanket of irony is going to cover this thread very soon.....

I'll admit I never saw the original thread/post that you are now apologising for so I shall also refrain.

If an insult was given or some kind of bullying then the apology should have been done there and then. I haven't seen the original so maybe my view is wrong, but all I see is you sticking up for and congratulating somebody for "doing the right thing"

The problem with internet forums is that people that are not involved in "discussions", seem to think they have a right to get themselves involved and stir, then call foul.

A single flippant comment and bullying are two very different things, until some PC busybody decides to make an issue out of it.
Obviously, things would run smoother if they didn't do that. :)

How can you pass judgment on a post in a thread you say you haven't even read?

My advice would be don't take things too seriously on the internet even though it's sometimes hard and just give as good as you get...

I mainly come on here for advice, this forum is good and can teach you allot of things, I've met a few nice people from here.

Obviously there are allot of idiots on here, it's life, idiots are everywhere, just ignore. :)

+1 :thumb:

I've got a suspicion who both the above are, and if they are who I think they are (and even if not) it's good to see you back

I know who one of them is and I already told him how good is to see him back here :thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom