Bullying at School

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
At what point to you take a club and beat to death a 15 year old schoolboy who's upsetting your son, despite the school having stepped in to stop it (unsuccessfully)?

At what point to you take a club and beat to death a 15 year old schoolboy who's upsetting your son, despite the school having stepped in to stop it (unsuccessfully)?

Send your son to a boxing club , get him in sparring a few times a week and very quickly the problem will take care of itself.

Sue the school, the parents of the bully...see how long it goes on after that.

Or meet the little ***** in a dark alley and teach him a lesson...but don't get caught.

(Is pr ick really a bad word?).

Sue the school, the parents of the bully...see how long it goes on after that.

Or meet the little ***** in a dark alley and teach him a lesson...but don't get caught.

(Is pr ick really a bad word?).

Your saying that he should attack a child?

At this point is the answer. make sure that the school have documented your complaints and then if still an issue tell the school that you are going to report this to the Police. You could tell the school that you want to speak to the Bully Boy's parents and ask the school to mediate (if required).

I am 55 now and still remember my school years with nothing but absolute hatred due to continual bullying.

Good luck. More than anything let your Son know how much you love him.

There are a group of lads, but with the usual leader.

What if he gets arrested and goes to jail?

If your going to beat someone up, don't beat the kid up. Beat the father or older brother up. Then at least it's a fair fight and if you do get your collar felt then the punishment won't be as severe.

Contact the school governors who in turn will question the head teacher as to why the actions have not been successful.

If this reaches another dead-end contact the local council who employ the head teacher.

IMHO going through the right but higher channels will get the head teacher's attention.

Last edited:
What if he gets arrested and goes to jail?

If your going to beat someone up, don't beat the kid up. Beat the father or older brother up. Then at least it's a fair fight and if you do get your collar felt then the punishment won't be as severe.

Ah..get your point. John...go for the father.

At this point is the answer. make sure that the school have documented your complaints and then if still an issue tell the school that you are going to report this to the Police. You could tell the school that you want to speak to the Bully Boy's parents and ask the school to mediate (if required).

I am 55 now and still remember my school years with nothing but absolute hatred due to continual bullying.

Good luck. More than anything let your Son know how much you love him.

Thank you.

We have said we'll escalate it to the Police if required and to be fair to the school, they are trying to fix it.

Unfortunately, my son takes things very literally, so when I told him I'd been to the school and the deputy head would fix it, he took me at my word. Today I understand he's been subjected to it again, so I feel I've let him down :(.

I left school just over 10 years ago and I don't think things have changed too much since then.

There were times in my school career when different 'young teams' from the surrounding area were 'after' me and a short period when they were all after me.

The types of people we are taking about don't give a second thought to what the head teacher or the police have to say or do. There is nothing the school can do I'm afraid.

I'm sorry to say that unless you want to run the risk of getting arrested then there is nothing you can do either.

Send your son to a boxing club and within a few weeks you'll see a marked increase in his confidence and if he does get into a fight with one of these guys he'll dispatch them effortlessly and they'll move on to easier targets.

Send your son to a boxing club , get him in sparring a few times a week and very quickly the problem will take care of itself.

Good advice, we had a similar problem but girls not boys, I have always brought my daughter up never to start trouble, but if someone starts trouble against her then I have always taught her to make sure she finishes it.

My daughter let these idiots ride until one day they crossed the line, she then delivered a perfect right hook and layed the other girl flat out, never said a word one punch and problem sorted for rest of her school days.

Caused me a problem with the Head though as she told them I had told her to do it :D

Tell the school you'll give them a week to sort it out or you will. If they haven't got to the stage of suspending the bully by now they never then they haven't " done all they can". We're nearing the summer holidays do they are probably dragging their feet till the end of term. Be very assertive with them and remind them of their duty of Care to provide a safe environment fir you son, that should do it

Send your son to a boxing club and within a few weeks you'll see a marked increase in his confidence and if he does get into a fight with one of these guys he'll dispatch them effortlessly and they'll move on to easier targets.

This isn't Karate Kid.

Sending a placid and non-aggressive child to a boxing club is likely to increase his fear and distress.

And a few weeks at a club would be very unlikely to equip him to take on not just one, but a whole gang, of young thugs.

This isn't Karate Kid.

Sending a placid and non-aggressive child to a boxing club is likely to increase his fear and distress.

And a few weeks at a club would be very unlikely to equip him to take on not just one, but a whole gang, of young thugs.

This isn't a jail-house boxing club with people fighting to the death in cages.

You've obviously never boxed or you would know that in the first few weeks your gradient of improvment is almost vertical and it continues like this for the first 9-12 months.

What would your suggestion be?

Parenting must be one of the hardest things in life, and one of the most satisfying, its certainly the longest. Along with the joys children bring there are also times when they cause worry, at times through no fault of their own, as here. Protecting ones young is primordial, the urge to remove the cause of the threat is very strong. If you were to rush headlong to school and beat the bully to a pulp would, in the short term be satisfying, this in my mind would be short lived. You would then be seen by others (Including the law) as a bully yourself, worse because you should know better. I think you are on the right course with making the school your first point of call, tell them in no uncertain terms that you will not tolerate the bullying of your son any longer. Make it plain that you will go to any legal lengths to achieve your purpose. Get them on your side and demonstate that you are a reasonable man and aggree to meet the parents of the other boy if this is offered.

This isn't Karate Kid.

I don't agree with that it builds, Character confidence and discipline and would serve him well in later life. There is no one more placid and non aggressive than my daughter and marshall arts gave her all the confidence she needed to tackle the problem when it arose. It also makes sure no one walks all over them in later life and they don't get trampled on, on the career ladder.

I did boxing the girls marshall arts and it taught us a lot :thumb:

You only need to get to the leader,the rest will get their lesson by just looking or hearing about it

This isn't a jail-house boxing club with people fighting to the death in cages.

You've obviously never boxed or you would know that in the first few weeks your gradient of improvment is almost vertical and it continues like this for the first 9-12 months.

What would your suggestion be?

Put yourself in the child's position. He's non-confrontational and is afraid. He already feels let down by the school and his father and faces violence every day at school.

His father then takes him down to a boxing club (he'd probably rather be chucked in the canal) so he can face more fear after school as he attempts to pursue an activity in which he has no interest and quite probably no aptitude.

It is a difficult situation and I don't have any quick solutions but I am certain that your suggestion will only make the boy's life even more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom