Bumped into post whilst parking - any idea of cost for repair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Raanbury

Car
Ford Focus
Hi all,

Couple of days ago I dumped into one of the posts at my local supermarket whilst parking in the bay. Unfortunately it has caused a small dent in the front bumper and marked some of the paintwork. Just wondering if anyone had any idea on how much this would cost to repair?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Attachments

• front #1.jpg
    front #1.jpg
    863.8 KB · Views: 51
  • front #2.jpg
    front #2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • front close #1.jpg
    front close #1.jpg
    925.9 KB · Views: 50
May I ask why not go to 2 or 3 bodyshops and get quotes?

Costs can vary according to the area in which you live.

All anyone on her can do is guess and that will not be particularly helpful.

May I ask why not go to 2 or 3 bodyshops and get quotes?

Costs can vary according to the area in which you live.

All anyone on her can do is guess and that will not be particularly helpful.

Thanks for your reply. I'm booked this weekend to get them to look at it, but it was just for in the meantime, and the off-chance that someone had experienced something similar in the past and I could get an idea at what I'll be looking at.

As I am sure you will appreciate its rather difficult to make any accurate assessment by photographs and the cost will depend on any damage behind the panel

Raanbury , you have my sympathy , nothing worse that self inflicted damage...been there done that - lower edge of front spoiler for me :mad:

Thanks Pete!

Busy supermarket, and was right at the end of the car park so cars can come behind me or travel around the car. Wanted to park as close as I could to the post so there was more room for those behind my to get round the corner. Felt the front end bump slightly and could have cried when I got out and saw it. But, I'm lucky it's not a bigger dent or somewhere more noticeable. When you stand back it's hardly noticeable! Admittedly, it looked like the post has been bumped into quite a few times over the years from the look of it!

I had a small plastic repair on the rear bumper last year. Similar size and no cracks to the bumper itself. Metallic grey.

Remove bumper and all trim and parking sensors so left with just the grey bit of the bumper to work on (no masking, so it will give as close to a factory finish as possible, which is what I asked for).
Small amount of plastic reshaping with heat/plastic weld.
Fill, and then sand/prep the entire bumper.
Respray.
Machine polish of exhaust tips (just because I asked for that as well).
Refit.
£350 via pucker invoice (i.e. not a 'cash' discount) and total job time was 4 days.
It's got to be in the ball park of cost, provided as has been said, it's just the bumper. If any trim panels, fog light mountings, structure behind the bumper is damage etc, then obviously costs will rise appropriately.

It's a Frod, it doesn't have front sensors.

Looks like you could get one of those mobile repair guys to do that job.

@Raanbury anbury Ouch. You might want to try a few places that give quotes online for damage repair, which let you upload a photo of the damage. I've not used AutoGlass body repair but they offer a quote based upon a photo.

Sorry to see you damaged your bumper.

Many years ago I managed to acquire a new dent in my car (not Merc). I was maneuvering in the cinema car park when the wife said "Mind that bollard". I said "Yes, I saw it". There were two bollards.... :doh:

Just leave it and forget about it. Waste of money getting that repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom