Bumper Defect!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
I am so pi**** off, can i demand they remove the bumper to do a proper job..IE: no masking or over spray?

Last edited:
I had the same problems when merc did some warranty work on mine. You can insist on having it sorted out but they won't take the bumper off. They will clean off the overspray, fix the problem, mask and respray.

If it is an external bodyshop, they don't get paid enough on these jobs to warrant removing the bumper.

The dealer has taken photos, just waiting for approval (36K FMBSH) I will personally call the shop & mention it to the dealer, if it's not right upon return it will be going back..Pronto! I expect them to care for it as i do.

When MB had my bonnet painted the bodyshop covered the engine in overspray , i was fuming , i really look after my car and the underbonnet looks as good as anywhere else

Make sure the dealer understands if you arent happy they will be doing it again

I'd be surprised if they even run it through the bodyshop. More likely will be a Smart repair.
You'd think they would be able to get the paint to stick by now, but this has been going on right through W211 production.

i wouldnt of left the garage like that mate, thats terrible

? it hasnt been done yet.

lol sorry was supposed to quote, somebody mentioned theve had overspray when they left the garage. just i wouldnt expect that kind of lack of quality from mb

Well chaps finally had a come back from MB Worcester regarding my bumper, and guess what? its been refused!!!!!!!!:eek:

FMBSH, 37K Miles, no touch ups, not a single ding! & this is what we get.

ps. Rob i could do with the number/person to talk to regarding the claim ;)

One thing i did awhile back and thankgod i did was to TAKE PHOTOS of the car..Eachtime,my car is left at the dealer for work to be done, take a high resolution photo all sides..

Prior, had morons who open door and dink the sides..had 3 when i left it there for a few days..this was their authorised bodyshop..which also accidently nicked my brand new alloy which only done 10 miles..between bodyshop and dealer and back..they were cheeky and swapped them around..left to right side hoping i did not notice..bec i spray wax protect on the alloys, found out and threw up a massive stink..they repaired the nick..which was only a match stick small one but bec of principle, they gave me 2 brand new alloys for the front..and profesinally resprayed it original AMG paint on it and massaged the dinks out..

They had not realised how detailed I am and know every area of the car..Dealer knew me and knew what i was capable off..showed them the photos ..zoomed right in..can see every single mark if any on the car..since then, dealer ensures whoever works on the car treats car with kit gloves..

So it is a good practice to follow..bec you never know when something happens, how quick blame goes back to the owner rather than dealer..unless proper photographic proof in full 5 mega pixel can do and shame !!!..:mad:

Last edited:
Thanx for the reply, my prob is a sml bubble the size of a penny on the bumper, no fault of any one, only Mercedes when building the car.
I am very puzzled as wy they wont sort it under goodwill.

wonder if it is worth writing to HQ..with photos..if your car has dealer service history and car is sound, you have under law a legal claim to get bodywork sorted..I would document all meetings,times, and who you spoke to..I had similar experience and all got done and more..Be friendly with the service manager..and maintain a good casual understanding as well..amazing what that counts..

Someone in your case is just making life difficult for you when it should not be the case..

The dealer never gave me a reason, i am waiting for customer services to give me a reason. IF they call back:rolleyes:

Apparently it didn't go through the goodwill claim! just spoke to customer service and they have submitted a claim through goodwill...wait and see :crazy:

Update

Got a call from customer service today & it's been accepted! just waiting for the dealer to call to book it in, why didn't the dealer go through the goodwill procedure instead of me calling customer service?

PS: Because 95% of MB Dealers are useless :mad:

Update

Took the car in today to get the bumper sorted should have it back tues/wed, meanwhile did a little window shopping!

Last edited:
Got it back

Bumper sorted, they sprayed the whole bumper!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom