bumper dent, new one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

furlong19

Car
W211 E63 AMG
last night i had a bit of an argument with a small post in a service station car park, any advice on how and what is needed to repair this would be appreciated, or is a case of a new bumper? thanks, Rob

668D0EF1-3D27-4E94-B8B2-ADFCA226DE9B.jpg
[/URL]

Would that not push out if you use a hammer against a piece of wood from behind?

I would think a decent body shop would be able to push the dent out and respray the area, should look as good as new!

Carefully heat it from behind with a hairdryer (not enough that it blisters the paint though) and knock it with a rubber mallet or a hammer with a cloth over it.

Then T-Cut the scratches. I reckon you should be able to get that looking pretty good yourself.

it needs some careful use of heat from a hair dryer or perhaps a heat gun whilst needing the dent out from the rear.

Best left to an expert at this sort of thing though imho.

My neighbour came around last week with similar damage on his car. It took about 3 minutes of heating with a hair dryer for it to pop back into shape. Plastic apparently, retains memory.

attempted the heat gun and mallet technique...bit of an improvement but safe to say i won't be opening up a bodyshop any time soon

A45EA97E-30B3-4A94-A64E-2D97C8AF2472.jpg

Just let your Mrs drive it for a week or two...your damage will be a memory.

My neighbour came around last week with similar damage on his car. It took about 3 minutes of heating with a hair dryer for it to pop back into shape. Plastic apparently, retains memory.
Depends if it is a thermo plastic, or a thermo setting plastic, apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom