Bumper repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If Roadie reversed into his 'father in law's ' car , perhaps the best thing would be to place the matter in the hands of his insurers , who will be duty-bound to pay for the third-party claim . It may end up being a full bumper respray by the Dealer's coachworks or a VBRA approved bodyshop which could easily run to a few hundred pounds .

I , likewise , would not be happy with a 'patch' repair .

Don't even entertain the idea of taking it to any one else but Mercedes, i had my front bumper done under goodwill & it's as new, and i'm a fussy ******

Oh everybody is already aware of it I was just trying to see if I could get it fixed before they return from holiday.

!!
Someone may know the position on the 30 year rust guarantee. I thought you needed to use an MB approved bodyshop for repairs -but whether the small print excludes small touch up areas, bumpers etc I don't know.
I posted a thread on the new 'cheap' service for small paint repairs being offered by MB dealers. Details are on the main MB website.
Here's the link as in Will's posting: -
http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62004

Last edited:
To anybody on this forum, how would you react if you returned from holiday and found your brand new car had been repaired by some mobile bodger without your knowledge?
It might be a tad different if it was 5-10 years old................but its not.

I for one, would be hopping mad.

LOL its only a car! MOST dealerships will get mobile repair people in to touch up marks on cars without the customers knowledge, sometimes even new cars, wheels can get caught quite easily coming off a transporter, stone chips on the journey too a dealership etc

LOL its only a car! MOST dealerships will get mobile repair people in to touch up marks on cars without the customers knowledge, sometimes even new cars, wheels can get caught quite easily coming off a transporter, stone chips on the journey too a dealership etc

Spend £30,000 or £40,000 on a car & you might see it differently.

Russ

I have. I ordered a brand new Cooper S back in 03 which was supposed to be all black, it turned up with a white roof and wing mirrors, they sprayed the roof and mirrors for me and it delayed collection for a fortnight, it wasn't a big deal.

My 06 plate Golf GTi had a tiny tiny dent in a wheel arch on collection, it was either a choice of get filler put in and hope it doesn't crack or live with the dent. I lived with the dent.

Don't presume that because my car is listed a 91 190E 2.5-16 that i can't afford new cars ;)

I have. I ordered a brand new Cooper S back in 03 which was supposed to be all black, it turned up with a white roof and wing mirrors, they sprayed the roof and mirrors for me and it delayed collection for a fortnight, it wasn't a big deal.

So you would still have been happy if they had done this without your knowledge and you found out months later they had pulled the wool over your eyes? (that has nothing to do with you being in Wales)

Russ

Mercedes denied for years that there was a problem with rust on the W210, they've denied for years that there are problems with gearboxes on W211s.

Are you really naive enough to believe that dealerships don't touch up paint work on cars? And tell me how you would find out months later if a panel has had a smart repair? BMW & VW we're honest with me, i've found Mercedes to be the less truthful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom