Bumper scuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imadoofus

MB Enthusiast
Car
This and that.
Thanks to some careless parking whilst doing too many other things, I've scuffed the corner of my front bumper :eek: :mad:

Can I use wet & dry to take out the scuff, or will that make it worse, and if so, what's the answer?

It's not painted, because it's a C124

TIA

PJ

Rub it down with wet an ddry to remove any sharp edges then dab it with a cloth dampened in solvent to melt the plastic slightly. That should give it a stippled finish.
I doubt it will ever be perfect again though.

I can get my guy to do it if you want, shouldnt cost an arm and a leg... but will be more expensive than a piece of sandpaper..

I can get my guy to do it if you want, shouldnt cost an arm and a leg... but will be more expensive than a piece of sandpaper..

Is that the same guy who will do my wings?

No. That's the man from Red Bull:devil:

I used to repair bumper scuffs like that when I had the bodyshop, but I threw my repair kit out when it went off, or you could have had it.
Got a pic of the damage?

No, there is one guy that is really good, one that is really cheap and one that is a balance of the two!

For a bumper scuff i would use the guy that is really cheap...

For the wings i would suggest using one of the first two...

GRAV888 said:
It's probably just as well that I don't know what that means... :)

OK, it's difficult to give a sense of scale, but these scratches aren't deep at all.

b6ujwl.jpg

b53dco.jpg

yeh just a quick blow in...

If you are having the wings done I would wait and do it all together..

I'll call you later today Jay, if you're around.

PJ

Gimme some time to put some clothes on, and I'll post a pic.

Got a nice mental image now? :devil:

I can't believe you post nude!!?? I at least have pants and socks on when I type.

I'd be interested to see the results as we have a very light scuff on the bumper of the ML which magically appeared at around the same time as the dent on my father-in-laws garage door. Of course Mrs D knows nothing!! :rolleyes:

Jay , is your painting man going to be doing 'blow ins' at the GTG ?

I have a scuff on my CLK front bumper ..

Bummer ...

There is a chap round here who comes round in his van with a paint / computer thing in the back and does it where you work .

He only works with plastic though , and loves cash , but we can't find his number any more.

some of the scuffmaster guys will do it for you but really ive never seen any that last the test of time... the area has to be properly prepared for the paint to stay..

This chap did dads bumper after he reversed it into a pillar in his underground car park .... :crazy:

You literally can't see where it was ... he filled , matched the colour , masked and did it with a little airbrush type thing ....

I had one done a few years ago when some little **** reversed into my car and drove away.
the paint match isn't absolutely perfect but it's been no problem staying on. It's difficult to match silver spot on.
In fact you can always see a smart repair if you look hard enough.

The paint man used to be a sprayer for the local MB dealer bodyshop but went alone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom