Burmester aftermarket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chakarov

Car
E class W213
Good evening everyone,

I’m new in this forum. This is actually my first post.

I was wondering, has anyone used those aftermarket Burmester 3D rotary tweeters on E class W213. Any opinions? Is it worth it? Is there any actual change in the sound ?

Thanks,
Stan

Hello and welcome, I have no idea, but I'm sure someone will be along soon that can help.

Welcome to the forum.

Arguably you are paying simply to have them as a fashion accessory. The quality of the tweeter in them is not "high end".

I understand the full Burmester system doesn't sound much different from the standard Burmester upgrade either so adding a pair of tweeters is not going to add much value (these additional tweeters, as well as other extra speakers and a more powerful amp, are on top of the standard Burmester upgrade to create the full Burmester system).

The system is a bit of a strange setup but can be improved without a huge investment - depending on what you want to achieve.

As the thread link above suggests, I have a set of these in my W213.

Are they worth it, you ask. That depends if you want a noticeable change to sound quality. If you do then I wouldn't say these are the thing for you. I believe they look the part and are a great novelty feature when turning the ignition on as they illuminate and rotate to their working position.

I had them in and out a couple of times and when I put the original tweeters back in, my untrained ear noticed how low quality the originals are. You certainly won't make the sound quality any worse than original, but don't expect a huge improvement.

Sound quality is slightly better.
Visual aesthetics IMO are much better.

FWIW, I still have a spare set in the garage (I forgot all about them). As mentioned in my thread, you don't have the fade in/fade out of the multi-colour function, it skips to the next colour as apposed to fading, but TBH the new set I bought doesn't allow this either and it's not a huge problem to me.

I'll update my thread with the pictures that are now missing. The pictures are of the items I received by post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom