Burmester audio C63s 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vtwin

Car
C63s estate SL500 Milli Miglia
I’ve had this car since March , and tried several different ways of playing large library’s of MP3. I have tried a 1 TB hard drive with a folder called music and inside that folder is all my bands from AC/DC through to ZZ Top . I probably have nearly 50,000 tracks and everything plays perfect through music match jukebox indoors. In the car however the media section of the HI-FI is flaky at best. I bought a 400 GB SD card and loaded that up and sometimes it plays and sometimes it doesn’t sometimes it can’t find any music on it and others it won’t even see the card. When it does work it seems to take a long time to see all of the folders and make them available to play. Same with the one terabyte hard drive. At the top there is 10cc and the last folder is ZZ Top. Does anyone know how it works? Does it have to log every single track into its own database in order to play? Because if this is so does it have to start again each time I drive the car or does it pick up from where it left off? So eventually every truck will be logged and will be available. I can see all the folders but from S down there is nothing showing in the folders even though there are albums and tracks in them. There is very little technical in the Help files so does anyone know a bit more than I do?

I have a 128Gb USB stick in the armrest and that's worked fine from the moment I put it in the car, played straight away, no indexing required. Did you format your drives with FAT32?

I’ve had this car since March , and tried several different ways of playing large library’s of MP3. I have tried a 1 TB hard drive with a folder called music and inside that folder is all my bands from AC/DC through to ZZ Top . I probably have nearly 50,000 tracks and everything plays perfect through music match jukebox indoors. In the car however the media section of the HI-FI is flaky at best. I bought a 400 GB SD card and loaded that up and sometimes it plays and sometimes it doesn’t sometimes it can’t find any music on it and others it won’t even see the card. When it does work it seems to take a long time to see all of the folders and make them available to play. Same with the one terabyte hard drive. At the top there is 10cc and the last folder is ZZ Top. Does anyone know how it works? Does it have to log every single track into its own database in order to play? Because if this is so does it have to start again each time I drive the car or does it pick up from where it left off? So eventually every truck will be logged and will be available. I can see all the folders but from S down there is nothing showing in the folders even though there are albums and tracks in them. There is very little technical in the Help files so does anyone know a bit more than I do?
Does it work normally with smaller SD cards or USB memory sticks, eg 128 Gb? I’m just thinking that you may have exceeded the maximum it can handle.

Probably exceeded the track limit - at a guess <32k. There should be info on this and the max size of data stick/card you can use in your manual.

Does it work normally with smaller SD cards or USB memory sticks, eg 128 Gb? I’m just thinking that you may have exceeded the maximum it can handle.
When it was left when I drove to Cornwall over 4 1/2 hours it seem to have access to pretty much everything on there. I bought the SD card because I thought the access times would be faster and quiet and use less power . I’ll dig a bit deeper and see if there is anything available from Germany to understand more how it is supposed to work and what the limitations are thanks for your reply

I have a 128Gb USB stick in the armrest and that's worked fine from the moment I put it in the car, played straight away, no indexing required. Did you format your drives with FAT32?
Format ntfs

Thanks I’ve tried it both ways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom