Burmester upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave.tam

Car
A250 AMG & W205 C250d Sport with Premium Plus pack
Hey, can anyone give me an idea of what the Burmester upgrade sounds like in the C Class?

I pick mine up on Tuesday, but haven't had the chance to listen to it properly. Burmester have a very good rep in general, but I've heard that the setup in the C Class is no where near as good as the one the put in the Porsche.

Any opinions are welcome

Heard it in an new E class in a stealer showroom and the mid range and bass sounded better than my current Harmon Kardon setup.

Thanks, I don't know if it's the same setup, but that's good to hear anyway.

I'm looking forward to hearing it properly without someone looking over their shoulder at me in a showroom like I'm a naughty boy.

Hey, can anyone give me an idea of what the Burmester upgrade sounds like in the C Class?

I pick mine up on Tuesday, but haven't had the chance to listen to it properly. Burmester have a very good rep in general, but I've heard that the setup in the C Class is no where near as good as the one the put in the Porsche.

Any opinions are welcome

Ive heard it in an S class and its fantastic. Just love the way those tweeter spiral out of the door pillars.

Ive heard it in a C class too and it isn't anywhere near as good as the S class. Ive also heard of people having issues with rattling speakers so check the system well before you leave the showroom.

Quality in relation to cost, its very good value - remember it's part of a pack.

The stand alone option in the S Class is north of £6k so don't go expecting that or even comparing to that.

IMO the standard system is weak and the upgrade is needed, but even then I don't think it's as good as HK in a 204. It somehow lacks the depth or bass or even overall volume for rinsing your favourite jungle track. Found myself many times thinking, is that as loud as it gets?

For your day to day radio 2, it's fine, nice clarify and looks pretty.

You're the second person I've known to say that it lacks base or depth :/ which is a shame.

Still, I'll find out tomorrow I guess

Must say I was a tad disappointed with the burrmeister, as prev imo it lacks depth and natural bass. That said with a bit of fiddling about it sounds good. It's capability is well shown playing a DVDs with 5.1 soundtrack, shame more is not available in that format.

I was quite happy with the system in my old W204, so as long as it's better than that, I guess I'll be happy.

Does anyone know if having the comand online in the W204 is an audio upgrade to the standard, or is it just purely the tricks it does and nothing to do with the sound?

Cheers in advance

Well, picked the car up today and I have to say, I love it! But the burmester dissappointed :/

I guess I have to let the speakers bed in for a bit and then have another go at trying to enjoy it, but for now, I think "underwhelmed" is the only word I can use to describe my thoughts on it

I have the Burmester in my GLC.

Very poor disjointed sound, poor stereo image very hard to listen too and no sign at all of the umpteen hundred watts it is supposed to be delivering

Glad you're enjoying the car though... I love mine.

The sound system may improve a bit with time or you may just get used to its limitations.

It's a shame MB don't do a 'proper' sound system upgrade like the optional high end burmesters in the S and now E. I'm sure they will come facelift time.

Enjoy!

I have to say that I enjoyed the sound in my W204! It sounded like it was clearer and had a deeper bass than this burmester "upgrade"

I didn't get an answer before, but does anyone know if the comand online in the W204 is upgraded from the regular sound, or is it just the sat nav etc that is extra?

The standard system grated my ears and the Burmester sounded much better to me and much better than the HK in the 3 series.

However it lacks power still, has no volume indication.
I suppose it sounds reasonable for an entry level factory fit premium system
But is lacking against custom fit

Thin midrange (midrange speakers are tiny)
Could be more finesse and detail.

DVD movies play ok though

I just think it sounds a bit hollow.

For a 590w system, it's lacking to me.

But maybe I'm just used to a different sound

I just think it sounds a bit hollow.

For a 590w system, it's lacking to me.

But maybe I'm just used to a different sound

If it sounds hollow, try turning off the surround sound which is enabled by default.

Strangely enough, I just did that before I came home and I'm liking it a bit better :)

Strangely enough, I just did that before I came home and I'm liking it a bit better :)

The surround sound tries to project the sound and in doing so becomes a little hollow. With it off it actually sounds like it is coming from the front.

The speaker grills are the business.
I might enquire about drop in replacement speakers

My car has no rattles and the last thing I want is a custom after market audio installations that introduces creaks or rattles.

Have to agree about the speaker grills, they do look the business!

Still not 100% happy with the sound, but I'm hoping it will "bed in" in time and sound a bit better.

Well, I've had the car for sim months now, and I have to say that the speakers do seem to have bedded in!

The sound is a lot fuller and even sounds louder than it did when I first got it.

I'm a happy bunny! :bannana:

I've only done 3K miles in mine. And can notice the system is still bedding in. Also found I had to fiddle with it to get it sounding to my liking unlike the HK system in my previous GL which was fine in neutral mode. But then again not all speakers and sound systems are "coloured" the same.

Considering the relative low cost and what else comes in the pack it is a must upgrade in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom