Burmester worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supermonkeyman

Car
E250 coupe
Hi guys, I'm ordering a c class coupe and need to decide between premium and premium plus. The deciding factor is the Burmester system. I have heard that it's not brilliant but not sure not how that compares to the standard system, is it much worse?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

It's worth it for the look alone, but not on sound.

Spend the extra money on an aftermarket system if it's decent audio you're after

High fidelity in a motorised, moving tin box? Not unless you spend £ks....

Hmmm I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking. I have HK speakers in my car and would like something atleast in that region but I have heard that the sound is not very good so I'm wondering if its worth paying extra over the stock speakers?

Not even then.

If people want better audio then look at getting thinner higher profile tyres and a softer suspension.

But hang on ... what customer buys the sound upgrade? Probably the one that would first pay for 20"+ wheels and lowered sport suspension.

:doh:

It's underpowered and overrated.

Bass is poor at best and overall volume is seriously lacking.

But I do like the speaker grills :thumb: lol

It's underpowered and overrated.

Bass is poor at best and overall volume is seriously lacking.

But I do like the speaker grills :thumb: lol

Yep that's what I have read and according to this site (https://w205audio.wordpress.com) there's no Burmester hardware, they were just responsible for the design which is a little misleading in my opinion.

Aesthetically they look amazing though!

Last edited:
My main gripe is the lack of low down bass, but I went to see Alfie and Richard and they suggested a replacement for the footwell subs. I'd really like to hear what this would sound like prior to putting my money on the table. Other easy win is to add a small pre amped sub in the boot, but ideally I'd like to stay OEM looking.

My main gripe is the lack of low down bass, but I went to see Alfie and Richard and they suggested a replacement for the footwell subs. I'd really like to hear what this would sound like prior to putting my money on the table. Other easy win is to add a small pre amped sub in the boot, but ideally I'd like to stay OEM looking.

They might have some cars that they have already done this to that you could listen to.

I won't be spending any money on upgrading it as it'll be a lease car. Out of interest, how does the Sport trim differ from the AMG line?

AMG line looks much better IMHO. The chrome strip at the front is full length, as opposed to mine that just on the centre on the bumper. The rear also looks much better, as I have silly chrome trim where the exhausts should be. The interior looks slightly better too, as you get dark wood rather than the piano black. Overall, I'm a little gutted I didn't get the AMG line and settled for the sport, but I only had choice of a list of cars that had already been built.

Still, a mate at work has a 16 plate AMG line C200 coupe (that looks pretty damn good if I do say so ), but I'm happy knowing that my 250d is the quicker car lol

They might have some cars that they have already done this to that you could listen to.

I won't be spending any money on upgrading it as it'll be a lease car. Out of interest, how does the Sport trim differ from the AMG line?

As Dave said. Upgrade looks nice but it's only the chrome speaker grills on the door. Go premium only if you want to save a few quid per month on your lease. Standard sat Nav is fine, you don't need Comand. IMO. Use the saved money for the night pack. :thumb: black exterior detailing inc mirror housings.

Amg line gets body kit, 18" amg alloys, flat bottomed steering wheel and black roof lining.

What colour are you going for?

Ant.

And a nice clock in the dash lol

Dave, does your Sport have adaptive suspension? (Sport, comfort and Eco setting adjust the suspension stiffness) or do you only get that on AMG-Line?

Hmm, I have dynamic control.... Eco, comfort, sport, sport+ and individual, but I'm not sure it affects the suspension

Hmm, I have dynamic control.... Eco, comfort, sport, sport+ and individual, but I'm not sure it affects the suspension

Not sure Dave. I know it's different to the air suspension but heard people say the different modes you listed change ride.

Any cobbled streets you can go have a blast at??? :D

AMG line looks much better IMHO. The chrome strip at the front is full length, as opposed to mine that just on the centre on the bumper. The rear also looks much better, as I have silly chrome trim where the exhausts should be. The interior looks slightly better too, as you get dark wood rather than the piano black. Overall, I'm a little gutted I didn't get the AMG line and settled for the sport, but I only had choice of a list of cars that had already been built.

Still, a mate at work has a 16 plate AMG line C200 coupe (that looks pretty damn good if I do say so ), but I'm happy knowing that my 250d is the quicker car lol

Think I'll go for AMG line in that case:D

Was thinking of going for the night package too but quite like the chrome front splitter. As i'll be ordering it from the factory, it's a 5 month wait :crazy: Luckily the car is for a family member as I wouldn't be able to wait that long. Also, I don't know why Mercedes offer the 220 engine option, the 250 is more powerful and just as efficient. I've got the same engine in my car and really like it, its been upto 148mph which is plenty for me.

As Dave said. Upgrade looks nice but it's only the chrome speaker grills on the door. Go premium only if you want to save a few quid per month on your lease. Standard sat Nav is fine, you don't need Comand. IMO. Use the saved money for the night pack. :thumb: black exterior detailing inc mirror housings.

Amg line gets body kit, 18" amg alloys, flat bottomed steering wheel and black roof lining.

What colour are you going for?

Ant.

Yeh I think it'll be premium with AMG line, white with red interior. I agree with Comand not being essential, I didn't have it in my last car and have it in the current one and tbh there isn't a huge difference.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 81
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments