Burnt gatsos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
Here Speed Cameras
Like the comment about a third of the way down about one being blown up with dynamite:D
Bit repetitive but made my simplton mind chuckle.

Lynall

those with fake gatsos. Hope the torchers do not visit them and blow the house up with the camera inadvertently

Well done lynall, like it, pity they wont spend that sort of money catching crims & other assorted low life's, i can see we'll soon have to resort to vigilante methods to protect ourselves & our property.

That's absolutely disgraceful.

How exactly does one go about torching a Gatso?

I must be in the minority, if driving safely and within the given limits, surely these cameras don't bother anyone.They only 'catch' drivers who ignore the speed limits?

As for catching 'real' criminals, in my book arsonists are dangerous people!

Smarty:cool:

I must be in the minority, if driving safely and within the given limits, surely these cameras don't bother anyone.They only 'catch' drivers who ignore the speed limits?

No, they only catch people who are dim enough not to see a bright yellow box suspended 8ft in the air.

That's absolutely disgraceful.

How exactly does one go about torching a Gatso?

If you look at the pics it appears you hang a small car tyre over the top of the grey square post put some petrol in the rim of the tyre light and run vary fast:D

Lynall

I agree 100 percent with your comment especially if you are travelling out of your regular area, but everyone around here only heeds the speed limits near the cameras and then carry on as normal, and i reckon the locals anywhere in the uk do exactly the same.

Lynall

how about the cameras hidden right behind the sign? From 60 to 40, oops, here is a camera. This is nasty.
Also those camera are only there to make money, not preventing anything. Not long ago a council scrap them as the governement wanted them to pay for the full maintenance and give the council only little money back. The council said they are not worth it then and they have never been proven to reduce any accidend. Hummm...
If those camera were effective, why do they keep caughting millions of drivers? The only effective speed limit camera are the average speed camera, not good for a city centre I agree, but when those camera are there, if it says 40, every single car is doing 40.
Back to the council:
The Conservative-run council is considering withdrawing from the Wiltshire and Swindon Safety Camera Partnership after a shake-up of speed camera funding rules which mean the Treasury now keeps the proceeds of fines

"They are being used as a cash cow. I do take exception to the positioning of some mobile speed cameras. They are designed to raise revenue.

Council move to scrap speed cameras - News - Virgin Media

No, they only catch people who are dim enough not to see a bright yellow box suspended 8ft in the air.
The only one around here that I've seen torched (twice) is about 50yards after the 30mph sign and hidden behind a tree. They've replaced the box but never put a camera in it anymore :devil:

Are you telling me you've never exceeded a speed limit :rolleyes:
Most Gatsos are okay. The ones that get torched are normally the ones that are only set up to make money.

how about the cameras hidden right behind the sign? From 60 to 40, oops, here is a camera. This is nasty.
Also those camera are only there to make money, not preventing anything. Not long ago a council scrap them as the governement wanted them to pay for the full maintenance and give the council only little money back. The council said they are not worth it then and they have never been proven to reduce any accidend. Hummm...
If those camera were effective, why do they keep caughting millions of drivers? The only effective speed limit camera are the average speed camera, not good for a city centre I agree, but when those camera are there, if it says 40, every single car is doing 40.
Back to the council:
The Conservative-run council is considering withdrawing from the Wiltshire and Swindon Safety Camera Partnership after a shake-up of speed camera funding rules which mean the Treasury now keeps the proceeds of fines

"They are being used as a cash cow. I do take exception to the positioning of some mobile speed cameras. They are designed to raise revenue.

Council move to scrap speed cameras - News - Virgin Media

Iirc it was along the lines of council kept the money then govt wanted it councils said they would pull out then govt said you do that and we will cut your other central funding.

Lynall

I bet the police will take the vandalism very seriously, shame they can't tackle coined cars, trashed cars with the same vigour.

I learnt a few useful tips on how to avoid speeding tickets from this website :rolleyes:

In Bristol there is one speed camera that also has it's very own cctv camera...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom