Burr Walnut Root Trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
Are there different shaded of burr walnut root trim available and did MB use different shades depending on interior colour ?

This is mine.
w126012.jpg

And one from a black interior car.
KGrHqUOKnE1SvR130BNggnn4QC_12.jpg

Has mine faded and a they all should be the darker colour like in the 124 (second pic) ? Or are there many different shades ? :dk:

Good question that as I've always wondered myself but I think they only fade

Its all one colour.. when its new, it looks much darker. When it starts to fade, it gets lighter.

Its all one colour.. when its new, it looks much darker. When it starts to fade, it gets lighter.

Hmm. A quote from another site.

"Its wood, a natural substance, of coarse there are going to be many different shades according to each individual tree. Each cars wood is gathered from the same tree. So, many cars went out with the same colour trim. Cars fitted with a different trees wood all had a slightly different colour and so on and so on. "

I managed to pick up a brand new piece of zebrano trim for a bargain £8 off of eBay (the large piece around the gearstick). Compared together, the old piece had faded & was losing its shine. Only thing is, I need to replace all the other bits now (ashtray etc.)! There was a brand new ashtray piece on ebay for £130!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom