bursting for a pee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

triple h

Car
2007 116i 1 series
driving along Elizabeth way in cambridge just after midday today, traffic was moving a little slowly

as i got near the roundabout to turn left on to Newmarket road there was a silver ford stopped with his left indicator on

he was standing on the near-side of the car having a piss

Last edited:
I'm sure there's a photo on the Facebook group 'spotted in Cambridge '

I believe in times past a gentleman was allowed to urinate against the wheel of his own carriage, no idea what ladies did, probably just stood in gazing wistfully into the distance concealed by a long crinoline dress.

Hmmm... some of you may know what this is referring to:
police-helmet.jpg

Cabbies have a trick or two for this. They open the front door, and rear door, to form a privacy shield. Although they tend to go somewhere a bit more discrete in the first place...

It brings to mind those bottles of p!ss you see at the side of motorway slip roads. Or truckers Irn Bru as I've heard it referred to:eek:

Last edited:
I will literally go for a wee anywhere, my Transporter is perfect as I can open my near side sliding door at any location, lean into the van and relieve myself into one of halfords finest empty washer bottles

When you have to go. You have to go! I certainly wouldn't do it in the same spot this guy did, there's taking the piss and then there's taking the piss...

It brings to mind those bottles of p!ss you see at the side of motorway slip roads. Or truckers Irn Bru as I've heard it referred to:eek:

Around here it's referred to as 'driver aid'.

I believe in times past a gentleman was allowed to urinate against the wheel of his own carriage, no idea what ladies did, probably just stood in gazing wistfully into the distance concealed by a long crinoline dress.

And I believe he still can I think it is still perfectly legal to stop and pee on the rear nearside wheel of your vehicle. The legislation artyman refers to above was never removed. So urinating on the public highway is an offence urinating on your nearside wheel is not although I suspect you have to have your modesty covered so not to infringe public decency laws.

Not sure if this is still the case but used to be covered in the HGV training syllabus

As above, just be aware many councils have passed by-laws specifically outlawing the practice....

so the range limitation of a car is not it's 600 mile fuel tank,

...but the human bladder :D

got it on my dash cam, looked like he was going to pee thru the railings but changes his mind

https://youtu.be/mjSoAe4Riww

couldn't he have found a quieter spot, he decided on double lines.

I normally seek out fast food outlets, pubs or supermarkets.
Or maybe the bare minimum ask a newsagent a big favour to borrow their loo (and buy something)

It's worse if you have kids, they unpredictably and suddenly say they want the loo when they are urgent :wallbash: hence the above.

Reminds me of a trip through France in a mini bus to go skiing many years ago. We pulled into a picnic area on the Autoroute and the men went to the toilets, which were warm and clean. On exiting the toilet block there were a group of french men relieving themselves outside against the wall of the toilet block. It was January and about -5C.

Mark

Sometimes you just have to go. Happened to me once on the m4 when I got stuck in 15 miles of non-moving traffic. Pulled onto the hard shoulder where there were some steps and disappeared behind some bushes. Funny thing was that after I did it loads of people pulled over to do the same!

This passes for normal behaviour in France, in fact, I've even witnessed a couple of women doing it too!

Russ

Ever been stuck in a long jam with a caravan on the back? All of a sudden the epithet 'pariah' is the last thing peeps think as the toilet queue gets longer.

Last edited:
I can really feel for the guy, suffering with BPH (enlarged prostate!) I can really say, when I gotta go, I gotta go!

Always carry a big bottle, but still have had to stop in some odd places to find a (private!) place to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom