Bury bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I fitted one of these into my 2001 Merc, great piece of kit, recommend it.

Had one in a Volvo XC90 we just sold. Good piece of kit, worked as advertised which these days is half the battle. For the price you will be happy with it.

you can even have 2 phones paired at the same time, and if you have tom-tom on your phone like me you can have it through your speakers.

For those of you with the 9060, can you tell me how you get on with the removable touch screen? Specifically, do you leave it in the car all the time or do you feel you have to hide it so no one breaks in to steal it?

I have one in my 500 , and can highly recommend it .

42IMG_0566.jpg

I bought mine from a fellow member on here ( this is terrible , but I can't remember who it was :doh: ) and fitted it into the 500 as an upgrade to the System 8 , I had before - the System 8 is basically the same system but without the touchscreen and voice dialling , I now have it in my 280SE , and another in the W124 .

I have had Bury carkits for a number of years , now with a collection of cradles ranging from older Nokias , through Palm Treos , to each incarnation of iPhone , up to my current 4S . ( 3G cradle pictured above ) .

The Bluetooth connects reliably every time , audio quality is excellent through the provided speaker which I have in the passenger footwell ( I have high-ish end car audio and do not wish to interrupt my loudspeaker lines with relays , but the telephone mute integrates with my Sony head units .

Operation is very simple , the screen is bright enough for daylight , and dims automatically for night time - I fabricated a bracket which slips into the side of my instrument binnacle , causing no damage ; the cradle is screwed into holes in the side of the console which were there from an older carkit when I bought the car . I never remove the screen , although it just unclips from its holder and there is a handy storage box provided .

I fitted a centre loaded Panorama aerial into the roof above the rear interior light ( no plans to sell the car so not worried about drilling holes ) since a 'proper' wired aerial will be less lossy than an inductive coupling through glass when we are talking about microvolts of signal being received in poor reception areas - the signal on the phone is held in areas where the phone on its own has no hope .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom