bush changing the law to allow preemptive nuclear strikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bunch of idiotic pr*cks. They've never heard of MAD syndrome then?

the United States would be able to launch pre-emptive nuclear strikes against enemies planning to use weapons of mass destruction
Imagine if he'd done that to Iraq. He could claim that all those chemical, biological and nuclear weapons that Sadam had were successfully destroyed :crazy:
Very worrying.

janner said:
Imagine if he'd done that to Iraq. He could claim that all those chemical, biological and nuclear weapons that Sadam had were successfully destroyed :crazy:
Very worrying.

Don't forget Afghanistan. The US removed the legitimate government because it failed to hand over someone they claimed was not under their care or protection! (This person has still not been located)

I am not saying the Taliban govenment was an example of decency, but it was a government!

John

But surely you all know that the US is the worlds police force right ? And that they know how to do everything better - especially in an emergency (So long as it doesn't involve flooding) ?

Jeepers. Never has a country been so far up its own internal passages.

Alfie said:
This is the most worrying statement in the whole article;

'Presidential approval would still be required for any nuclear strike'

more like 'a monkey's approval would still be required for any nuclear strike'

The USA gets a lot of bad press with regard to it's foreign policy and most of it is deserved.
I have no doubt there are many millions of good honest decent Americans who are unselfish, caring and share what we call Christian values
But I'm equally certain that not a single one of those people will ever be in a position of power.

...I have heard it said that the American police force is the best that money can buy....

Paul G

kikkthecat said:
I have no doubt there are many millions of good honest decent Americans who are unselfish, caring and share what we call Christian values
But I'm equally certain that not a single one of those people will ever be in a position of power.

That's really nice to hear. :) I know I still get a bit of flack for being an American in England. People often expect me personally to answer for the actions of the "monkey" in the White House. But the Christian values is a whole new can of worms. *L*

RicaSLK said:
People often expect me personally to answer for the actions of the "monkey" in the White House.

:D My cousin has lived in Florida for forty years and I must confess she has said similar words to me :eek:

I would tend to say your President is more of the 'Organ Grinder' and our Prime Mister is the ""monkey"" on a pretty little leash!! :)

Kind regards,
John

The same as with most this its the minority that cause the problems and give people their opinions.

Thmsshaun said:
The same as with most this its the minority that cause the problems and give people their opinions.

Terribly true and terribly unfortunate; particularly when they are in a position of power.

rees_A said:
Why not just nuke all the terrorist countries???? Can't see a problem with it myself.....
What, Leeds?
Mmmm, actually not a bad idea :D

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Mandella, Sharon, Arafat, Adams, Washington, De Gaulle..... Who decides?

neilrr said:
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Mandella, Sharon, Arafat, Adams, Washington, De Gaulle..... Who decides?

Monkey man by the looks of it! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom