Busy week with the SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordlee

Car
A207 E350 CDI Brabus D6
I had the secondary cats removed which has given the car a much nicer V8 sound when accelerating - you dont notice any difference on the motorway which is exactly what I was after. I just need the guy to move the rear boxes to exactly where they were before and I'll be a happy man.
I also ordered some MB parts from Germany which arrived a little later than planned but thankfully in time for the weekend so I can fit them. I ordered the later style rear lights with the smoked middle - I nearly bought the clear middle but as the car isnt silver I thought the smoked would look better plus it should match the new 3rd brake light I bought - that looks so much better than the existing one so I'm very pleased.

14962841988_009d3fef82.jpg

I think the new lights will definitely freshen up the rear end...

14962830748_681cbb46db.jpg

I spoke with someone who has done the very same swap and its plug n play. That makes it sound easier than the job of removing and refitting the lights which can be a little tedious apparently.

I've done the same thing on a black one.
I did not know AMG made an SL500.
When did that happen?

I've done the same thing on a black one.
I did not know AMG made an SL500.
When did that happen?

Came with it from the dealer apparently. Thank you for your pedantry it always enhances a thread :)

Busy day fitting all the new shiny bits whilst wishing I had midget hands to help access some of the bolts. Anyway here are a few snaps...

Started with this

14970793278_69f96b89c1.jpg

This soon became this 50/50 shot

15157480465_4dd17e3f77.jpg

Which then became (with new 3rd brake light)

14970752179_219fa1742f.jpg

I'm really pleased with the end result as it I think it modernises the rear end nicely.

Do you or cl55 have any before and after shots for comparison?

Good timing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom