But the sat nav said......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BMW driver................

Need I say more?

Wouldnt have happened with COMAND..............

Worse than that, BMW driver from Doncaster as if we don't already have enough F***witts already.

He probably got it cheap at Netto and had it in pedestrian mode :D

Change the voice on the Sat Nav to a male voice and you may actually pay attention to what is being said rather than giving the automated voice activated response 'Yes Dear':p

I notice from the BBC that he has been charged with driving without due care and attention. But shouldn't there be an offence of being found stupid in charge of a car ??

When we went to Spain last year we had a TomTom for the journey from Malaga airport to our villa in the mountains ...

Once we turned off the main drag and hit the mountain roads , the TomTom was literally continously telling us to turn left ( over a 1000ft drop ) , when we didn't do this , it instructed us to turn round at the first opportunity and then turn right over the 1000 ft drop ...

Luckily we aren't remedials and lived to tell the tale ;)

Every time I see threads like this I chuckle to myself. Does every sat-nav unit come with a free brain removal operation??

Sat-nav is only for the last couple of miles. I can get to any city in europe with only a map as companion - the COMAND or TOMTOM is only to find the street address once I get there.

Ejits. No other description for them. I have always harboured a longing that these people should be pushed over the edge to ensure their complete removal from the gene pool. Just imagine, the bloke in the example linked to above has probably been allowed to reproduce. So now there are even more terminally stupid homosapiens roaming the planet thanks to him. Not a good situation at all. :eek:

My step-son has the habit of turning as soon as it says 'prepare to turn' or 'turn in xxx yds'

He does have the excuse of being a teenage boy & they don't listen to anything properly!

Kate

Worse than that, BMW driver from Doncaster as if we don't already have enough F***witts already.

He probably got it cheap at Netto and had it in pedestrian mode :D

Glad it was not me! - Having said that if a Road looks like a Path, I may well choose not to go down it.

I am surprised though, the sat nav in my car has a oathalogical fear of any small road, and will normally take a very long route over a lane any day of the week.

Comand is, I think a better system though.

The 43-year-old, who works as a driver, said he relies on his sat nav for his job and described the incident as a "nightmare".
He told the Halifax Evening Courier: "It kept insisting the path was a road, even as it was getting narrower and steeper, so I just trusted it."

And this guy works as a 'driver'. Hope it is driving cattle rather than driving a truck.

Always remember:- Whenever you make something idiotproof, they make a better idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom