Buyer beware SH58 HCZ clocked C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some cars wear pretty well though so it's hard to tell...

But my point was, if you see a car that looks like it has done 150k miles with only 50k on the clock at 3 years old then it probably has.

If you see a car at 150k miles that looks like it has only done 50k then.....well....so what?

Main dealers can have clocked cars, they don't check the history other than a basic check, they just buy them in and move them on.

This is one reason I will only deal with the main dealers , might cost a bit extra in the long run but the piece of mind is there and they have much more stringent checks for their vehicles and their gurantees are very good IMO ,, sorry to hear your experience was so horrid , thankfully you've been luck in the respect of getting everything back ,,, good luck with your next purchase

**** BUYER BEAWARE ****

This dog of car is back up for sale for £23,991 the exact same price that we paid for it last November at Lowton Motors in Goldbourne this shameless garage full well know this C63 had been heavily clocked as they've received all the documentation from JCT Mercedes in Doncaster to prove the mileage has been manipulated.

Hasn't this trader got any shame when he's obviously still trying to off load this dog of a car onto some other poor unsuspecting buyer.

If needs be I'll gladly upload all the documention to prove this car has been clocked massively to save anyone else getting stung with it.

As a suggestion, why not dob the dealer in with Trading Standards? Their behaviour would suggest that this may be part of their "modus operandi" so TS may already have an interest in them.

As a suggestion, why not dob the dealer in with Trading Standards? Their behaviour would suggest that this may be part of their "modus operandi" so TS may already have an interest in them.

Trading Standards are already involved and fully aware of the car and that its back up for sale just trying to give other potential buyers the heads up about it.

The OP has popped up on PH. It's come out that Mercedes Doncaster have based their view as it had done 92000 miles when it was nine months old.

It's been suggested that there may have been a finger slip as that seem's pretty unlikely. OP is upset, but you can see how that could have happened.

MOT History is still suspect though....

The OP has popped up on PH. It's come out that Mercedes Doncaster have based their view as it had done 92000 miles when it was nine months old.

It's been suggested that there may have been a finger slip as that seem's pretty unlikely. OP is upset, but you can see how that could have happened.

MOT History is still suspect though....

10k per month think of all that fuel :rock:

He is getting a much tougher ride over there and has flounced. PH can be very unforgiving at times. The car has also had 8 owners apparently.

It mentions 80,000* miles on the site

*Please disregard the mileage unless it is verified by an independent mileage search.

Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the above information but errors may occur. Please check with a salesperson.

Are you kidding me?! :mad:

Yes I have popped up on PH trying to save someone the heartache and hassle of possibly been 24k out of pocket. But if the idiot moronic people want to pull the thread to bits and slate me let them its obviously brought some entertainment to there life's.

I'm far from upset why would I be I resolved this with dealer after a fight and digging my heels in got a refund and now more than happy with the Overfinch we bought.

I'll explain a little about the report from JCT the service history appeared to be suspect when JCT looked at it they suggested doing a diagnostics check on the car due to the many faults 1 of the carried out was a total distance check the car had 1 service entry in the cars central gateway which was recorded 6.9 years ago and showed a mileage of 92'000 miles weather or not this is correct or incorrect we could only act the information jct gave us in the report which said the car has a recorded service mileage 92'000 and that of the time of the check on the 18/01/16 the car had done 80,576.

I'm going to upload the report from Mercedes then let the PH mob make there own conclusions and argue it out amongst each other if someone over there wants to part with there hard earned cash then they are more than welcome to go buy what we are lead to believe from a Mercedes main agent is a clocked lemon of a car.

Yes I have popped up on PH trying to save someone the heartache and hassle of possibly been 24k out of pocket. But if the idiot moronic people want to pull the thread to bits and slate me let them its obviously brought some entertainment to there life's.

What is the jist of what those are saying who are pulling the thread to bits?

(I'm not on PH).

I can't really see what there is to get excited about.

You've posted up about a car with potentially dodgy mileage - caveat emptor as always regardless.

What is the jist of what those are saying who are pulling the thread to bits?

(I'm not on PH).

I can't really see what there is to get excited about.

You've posted up about a car with potentially dodgy mileage - caveat emptor as always regardless.

You can see for yourself John, but I think a fair number of people have suggested that the initial 92,000 miles in 9 months is going it some and might well be a typo. I don't think anyone has attacked the OP, but they have taken it that way.

Personally i'd be inclined to take that initial mileage as a type - but the mot mileage is still suspect, and you'd certainly want the right price before taking such a punt.

I can understand that the OP is pleased to escape. As they have also bought a Landrover it is only fair to point them to this thread.... http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/204135-we-need-landrover-sub-forum.html

There is a definite trend gong on....

Thread has now been deleted on PH as the story is not quite as the OP was telling it. Paperwork shows the cars mileage currently is 92k, not when it was 9 months old, and the dealer has it advertised as 80k, so it has been clocked allegedly but not by the amount originally believed.

PH have very strict naming and shaming rules, hence the reason for deletion.

It seems the recording of mileage in places can be done wrong, I was going to view a car last week but got history report and mileage came up clocked. When investigating it the mirage seems to be recorded after 3 months at 50000 miles !!! No way surely, then it's recorded every time by the dvrla at same mileage, a mistake surely but put me off going to look at it . I have attached photo for reference

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 55
Hell hath no fury...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom