Buyers remorse online Auction, can I pull out of purchase ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your ar5e fell out, you admitted so yourself in the title of the thread..!

You didn’t read the auction terms and conditions then backtracked - they quite clearly state that they act for the vendor and it’s up to the buyer to do their homework before bidding.
The way you talk about “consumer rights” and your general tone around “your rights” I’d suggest you might want to stick to buying from a dealer; at least they build the cost of “buyers remorse” into their business model.

I think you need to read the entire thread perhaps, as there are answers your own points raised. I'll buy from whoever I feel comfortable buying from thanks buddy. The auction company and I parted on good terms, so alls good.

I think you need to read the entire thread perhaps, as there are answers your own points raised. I'll buy from whoever I feel comfortable buying from thanks buddy. The auction company and I parted on good terms, so alls good.
I have read the full thread - and just again now for good measure - you started off a thread called “Buyers Remorse” then backtrack from that when the responses weren’t what you wanted to hear.

And having re-read the thread, I do actually hold the auction house partly accountable for this debacle by letting the general public make a bid - this is exactly the kind of thing that they know would happen.

If they have any sense they’d maybe filter who they let bid next time but I’m sure they’ve got their reasons why they do what they do...

If they have any sense they’d maybe filter who they let bid next time but I’m sure they’ve got their reasons why they do what they do...

It's a good example of when someone thinks that they've one, but they actually lost. He'll never do business with them again.

Last edited:
Why not confirm or deny if it was the car linked to ? :confused:

Why not confirm or deny if it was the car linked to ? :confused:

Because it is irrelevant. I was looking for knowledge on my consumer rights options, not asking for opinions or to be judged on any other aspect of the scenario which I gave foolishly to provide context. Unlike some, I'm not here to troll.

Again, thanks to those that focused on what was asked and gave good solid advice.

Because it is irrelevant. I was looking for knowledge on my consumer rights options, not asking for opinions or to be judged on any other aspect of the scenario which I gave foolishly to provide context. Unlike some, I'm not here to troll.

Again, thanks to those that focused on what was asked and gave good solid advice.
It might be irrelevant but you can tell us! Go on.

A simple no would have done.
If it was "Consumer Rights" you were after then asking on a car forum is likely not the best place. ;)

Seems you have asked and do not like some of the answers, that is fine but at the end of the day you did ask.

Who exactly are you accusing of trolling ?

Reason for asking about the car is that you initially said:
"information given about the car in its write up on the sales portal being "slightly exaggerated" with regards of the servicing,...I want to cancel the purchase"

No mention of someone on the telephone talking the car up.

It was then determined by many that the descritopn of the linked car was accurate but no one was sure if this was the car.

At least at the end of the day you have managed to get to an agreement with the auction house so that is the important thing (for you).

Is it over ? ...finally OVER !!? ....No , not Covid -19 lock down..... THIS FRUCKING THREAD !! 🤢 :wallbash:
No, I reckon we could get another page out of it yet... :p

So the auction house accepted the sales rep told untruths on the telephone? Really?

So the auction house accepted the sales rep told untruths on the telephone? Really?

If you read through the whole thread, you'll find him twisting himself into knots trying to explain how he bidding on this car is actually the auctions fault. How he got himself out of the sale is anybody's guess. It took him near enough a month to update so I doubt that it was a matter of a simple phone call.
However, he felt like he needed to let people know that he won so he probably did get himself out of the sale. With no personal responsibility, and no integrity, I suppose that with enough self humiliation, people can get out of these situations because nobody wants to do business with them.

As the saying goes: Never wrestle with a pig, you'll end up covered in mud and the pig will enjoy it.

Last edited:
How he got himself out of the sale is anybody's guess.

There are some obvious ways things can be settled.

Eg.

Who is to say the second highest bidder wasn't far short and still willing to buy - that makes things a lot simpler and finite to unwind if all the parties come to an agreement. Doesn't mean our remorseful buyer hasn't had to add something to the pot - but maybe far less than any worst case for them to unwind if the other parties are amenable.

There are some obvious ways things can be settled.

Of course. But 'sales person had gotten a bit carried away as he describing the SH without checking 1st with the owner' probably isn't one of them.

Late to the party again! Did I miss much?? :D

Thought I'd get my post in before the thread is closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom