Buying a C220D Saloon 2016 Auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HKnMBenz

Car
Mercedes, C220D 2016 Saloon AMG Line
So on the weekend it’s pretty much confirmed that i’m going to buy a 28k on clock Mercedes C220D Saloon AMG Line Auto 66 reg.

It looks brilliant, test drive is yet to happen to see how the car drives and if any issues occur while on the road.
If any owners or current owners have same model please could you let me know any issues I should be aware of in the future once bought.

My style of driving is local runs and motorway journeys as it’s obviously a diesel and healthy to do so. But i’m not expecting any dpf lights to flash on a 28k merc and even any electrical problems. But if any can let me know what i should expect.

Thanks

Welcome along HK. The Dpf light could come on the day you pick it up or not until a few years down the road...or never. That depends on how it was serviced/driven for the first 28K miles not in your ownership.

Expect electrical faults, usually down to batteries needing to be replaced between 3 and 5 years of age.

My c250 on a 15 plate has 71k on the clock. It's been a pleasure so far. I had dpf issues last week but I've put that down to using asda fuels.

Welcome along HK. The Dpf light could come on the day you pick it up or not until a few years down the road...or never. That depends on how it was serviced/driven for the first 28K miles not in your ownership.

Expect electrical faults, usually down to batteries needing to be replaced between 3 and 5 years of age.

I am looking to keep it for 4-5 years and sell it on but it has had full mercedes service history on the vehicle. Engine on idle seems to sound fine not too loud or something to worry about.

Ideally would like to just have the car and pay for it’s annual service/mot and a few bits and bats but it’s sometimes more complicated than that.
I think with fuel i’d always be going to shell mainly and 2-3 times a month top it up with v power.

My main concern would probably be electrical issues for example heated seats eventually not working and basic electrics in the car. Minor problems that can be dealt with though

Thanks for information though!

I think if you spend too much time worrying about all of the small things that could go wrong you would never buy a car...ever !! just do your research (you started well by asking the folk on here) , buy the car you like and enjoy it :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom