buying a new E270CDI...can i use a chip to enhance performance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ironhead13

Like I said...is it possible and is it safe for the diesel engine to use a different ECU to enhace the performance...I'm getting my car in a few days ..I thought I'd ask you guys

Possible..definately.
Safe..maybe.

The way all diesel chip tuning packages work is to increase the fuelling. This can potentially block the Cat with soot and could in extreme cases cause a piston to melt due to the extra heat.

Loads of people have fitted tuning chips but be aware of the possible pitfalls.

does MB do the Chipping or is there a website where I could order an ECU online...I stay in India

My understanding on the W211 is that the car cannot be chipped, only the ECU can be adjusted for more power.

Why buy a car and the first thing you do is chip it?

Why not just buy an E280 CDI ?

Brian WH said:
My understanding on the W211 is that the car cannot be chipped, only the ECU can be adjusted for more power.

Remapped do you mean? This is what most people mean by chipping is is not - the remap or replacement of a chip.

I wouldn't ask MB to do it - they won't and may well be suspicious of the car from there on.

fuzzer said:
Why buy a car and the first thing you do is chip it?

Why not just buy an E280 CDI ?

um thats because in India MB does'nt have anything above an E270 CDI...no E280 and no E320... :eek: ..if I wana go faster ..I 'll have to Chip.... and dudes we have a very high Import duty here so I'm paying 57000 Pounds for a E270 CDI :bannana:

ironhead13 said:
um thats because in India MB does'nt have anything above an E270 CDI...no E280 and no E320... :eek: ..if I wana go faster ..I 'll have to Chip.... and dudes we have a very high Import duty here so I'm paying 57000 Pounds for a E270 CDI :bannana:

Ahh right , i see your point now ... ahh well , with the profit your making from our callcentres , im sure the 57k doesnt seem so bad on reflection :p

Have you looked at brabus D5 ?

Last edited:
An increase in power is far easier with a TDI than a petrol engine. Check exactly what the package offers - most will increase the boost pressure slightly as well as a fuel map change - be this done via an ECU remap or a chip replacement. Your turbo will be working harder so expect a shorter lifespan - but there really shouldn't be an issue of a piston melting, nor coke build up if the engine is running correctly. Speak to DMS Automotive about your options - but I'd expect it to cost around £800 + VAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom