Buying a new MB - is it actually better tho?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dubsR33

Car
CLK 320 & 515bhp R33
Hello everyone i need your help and advise please...

At the moment i currently drive a 2005 (facelift) CLK 320 CDI.
Love the car I've had it for the last 4 years.

My job has relocated to Swindon, so i now drive the M4 twice a day from Bristol.
My CLK averages around 400 miles per tank depending on how i drive etc.
This is usually on cruise control at 90 the whole way...

I am looking into purchasing a 2015 Mercedes-Benz C Class C220 CDI Estate
(Id like the 2015 as it has the nice new interior etc)

Now my reservations are that as it has a smaller sized engine, will i be able to achieve similar or better MPG at higher speeds?

The 2015 C Class C220 CDI Estate has 7 gears exactly the same as my 320 CDI.
So surly traveling at say 90 the whole way, would result in the car being driven at higher revs therefore use more fuel?

If anyone has this car please could you let me know your stats and figures please id very much appreciate it.

Regards

I had a C220 hire car while in Germany last year. A mix of town and autobahn work (usually sat around 180-190kmh) saw 1100km from a tank.

PS: You might get more response if this thread was in the General section. Your average 220CDI driver is perhaps less likely to stray into the tuning forum.

I had a C220 hire car while in Germany last year. A mix of town and autobahn work (usually sat around 180-190kmh) saw 1100km from a tank.

PS: You might get more response if this thread was in the General section. Your average 220CDI driver is perhaps less likely to stray into the tuning forum.

Excellent thanks for the reply chap

Make sure you can live with the 4 cylinder engine before you commit.
After the 6 it will feel like a tractor. Oh, and the ride will be worse.

thanks for the reply, I'm not too worried about the ride and power etc.
i literally drive like a granny these days and constantly try to get the best mpg. However, i don't want to substitute the speed element.

BUMP

thought id bump this as I'm wanting to buy this car in the next couple of weeks etc...

Cheers ta :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom