Buying Advice & Honest Dealers !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mitch4357

Car
c class
Firstly I would like to say Hi to everyone.

Thought I would ask for some advice from other merc owners etc after just having a terrible experience with my local Mercedes Dealers.

When basically after ordering and paying a deposit over 6 weeks ago and getting a call off them last week asking me to pick my registration plate I got a phone call Friday at 4.30 p.m. to tell me that the new vehicle I was hoping to collect this Monday was now suddenly not available !!! and it would only be available in about another 4 to 6 weeks.

As you can imagine I was not best pleased, more so when they could not for the life of them say where it had gone ? and this has got me to wondering is this how all Mercedes dealers operate ? never having dealt with any of them before ?

Best of all after complaining to Mercedes yesterday about the dealers the manager of the dealership contacted me a few hours later asking me if I still wanted my deposit back ?

Why I asked him ? do you think you and the salesman should split it between yourselves on account of giving such a good customer service ?

Well I am still waiting for the money to drop back into my bank account.

So basically does anyone know of any Mercedes Dealers that don't tell porky pies about availability of vehicles, and don't take deposits from people for vehicles they don't have access to and don't generally behave like a guy wearing a sheepskin coat flogging second hand cars from a street corner

Try Richard Cutler at Esplanade Newport Isle of Wight.
He only works Fri Sat Monday as now semi retired but he is a man of his word, and they don't want him to retire. 01983 523232
If you decide to ring him mention that I Eddie Cadman recommended him and Esplanade

Ask them to loan you a courtesy car until your order is available...

Can you spot your car here?

2531306F00000578-0-image-a-148_1422630751924.jpg

Me thinks my Car was just a figment of the salesman's imagination.

Spotted the free merc seats on this site so thinking I might get me some, sit on em in me shed whilst plotting me next move.

t
So basically does anyone know of any Mercedes Dealers that don't tell porky pies about availability of vehicles, and don't take deposits from people for vehicles they don't have access to and don't generally behave like a guy wearing a sheepskin coat flogging second hand cars from a street corner

Flogging cars from a street corner; those were the days:thumb:

I remember them with fond memories, forecourt warranties, pay cash and drive it away, piles of spare parts in the workshop, recondition engines ready to be fitted, but, at least the customers knew what they were buying.

Flogging cars from a street corner; those were the days:thumb:

I remember them with fond memories, forecourt warranties, pay cash and drive it away, piles of spare parts in the workshop, recondition engines ready to be fitted, but, at least the customers knew what they were buying.

Yep, a shed !!

Given that you can pretty much be guaranteed crap service from MB dealers, why not just order the car you want from a discount car broker, and at least get it at a better price.

That way you'll expect nothing by way of service, so you can't be disappointed, and you could possibly hire something nice in the meantime with the money you save! Or go away on a nice holiday!

I work for Nissan/Renault and we often give out courtesy cars if new cars dont arrive on time. So I would ask MB for 1 if I was you...

My local dealer when I went to look at the C Class just left me waiting for nearly an hour. 7 other people came in and then was seen.........maybe I didn't fit their customer profile?
On the other hand the not so local dealer near Brooklands was extremely helpful!

My point is no two dealers are alike and this relates to every marque!

Though to date I've not found a helpful VW or Audi dealership!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom