Buying Advice - New to Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dylan51

Car
Audi S6
Hi, new to this forum, and (potentially) new to Mercedes ownership.
I’m sure this has been asked and answered many times before, but I’d appreciate any advice, tips, or warnings, from Merc E Class Coupe owners and drivers.
I’m looking at buying a E350 CDi Coupe from 2009-2013, around 65-85k, and full MB history. I’ve looked at the 250, but I think I want the smoother V6. I’m coming from an Audi A6, which has been excellent. But I do love the style and reputation of the E Class, and in Coupe form it looks great. I understand that Merc’s quality and reliability took a bit of dive around those years, but that could just be a myth. I’d appreciate any feedback from E Class Coupe owners from that era, about reliability, and general living with the car.

ManyThanks in advance, for what I’m sure is a rather tired subject on here!

Be aware that the E-Class Coupe from that era is based on the C Class platform with E Class styling, equipment, and pricing.

I don't believe that MB have had much in the way of quality issues over the last decade and a half. People moan. But most issues are with the dealers - and the preparation/description of used cars, and some opnions on MB styling and move to mass market.

Don't underestimate the E250 because the MB four cylinder diesel of the period and onward is a decent engine still reasonably swift and refined (on the move). That said ... the 6 cylinder version is more special.

Hi, new to this forum, and (potentially) new to Mercedes ownership.
I’m sure this has been asked and answered many times before, but I’d appreciate any advice, tips, or warnings, from Merc E Class Coupe owners and drivers.
I’m looking at buying a E350 CDi Coupe from 2009-2013, around 65-85k, and full MB history. I’ve looked at the 250, but I think I want the smoother V6. I’m coming from an Audi A6, which has been excellent. But I do love the style and reputation of the E Class, and in Coupe form it looks great. I understand that Merc’s quality and reliability took a bit of dive around those years, but that could just be a myth. I’d appreciate any feedback from E Class Coupe owners from that era, about reliability, and general living with the car.

ManyThanks in advance, for what I’m sure is a rather tired subject on here!
Hi , I have a C207 E400 that is a 2016 model but registered at the end of the previous year.

Dryce is correct that the C207 is based on the 204 chassis and is smaller than the E class salon.I have recently driven the latest E class salon and although larger than the C207 the difference for me is small.

The C207 is classed in Europe as a sports car but I feel it more suited as a long distance cruiser. If possible try to obtain the face lift model.Ask for the Oasis sheet that gives you the full spec of the car.

I have driven the diesel V6 version of C207 and it is a fast car.I have the petrol engine 3.5 V6 of the C207 and it is a different beast.

My car has a genuine natural tan leather interior because I found black seats and interior rather depressing .My car has the glass sun roof but make sure you can get in.

I purchased a car checker from Equafax and it the best £20.00 I have spent.

I only considered a car with a full MB service history but when I purchased my car it was only 18 months old. Look at the service plans MB offer.

I have fallen in love with the head light system on my car ( the range of the lights are excellent.)

Wheel size does alter the ride quality.Check for condition of alloy wheels.

Hope this gives you a little guidance but I would purchase my car again.

Any thing more ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom