Buying advice required!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonYogiHodges

Car
Mini
Hi All.

I am shortly buying a new car as a company car replacement (opted out of CC scheme).

I will be doing around 20k miles per year and it needs to be a good size with great boot access. To me, this says C class estate or E class estate. Either option would (I think) suit me well and would prefer the 220Cdi engine.

I gather that the engine became a bi-turbo after 2012, along with maybe some other changes too??

Would I be better going for a newer (2012 on) model with 120,000 miles or so, or an earlier model (say a 2009) with 60,000 miles on it?

What are peoples thoughts??

The W204 facelift model (2011 onwards) is a vastly improved car over the earlier version....

I think the c250 bi turbo and c220 single turbo ( could be wrong)
i was in the same position as you and opted for the higher mileage facelift model with full MB history , the interior refinements swung it for me

Size and hens teeth.

Two thoughts come to mind:

On load space, the E class is a third bigger than the C class, which is a lot of difference. The most basic question is "do you need the extra space," and can you justify the effect on performance?

Secondly, with both cars, they are in short supply. Estates are out of fashion, so be aware that you've got restricted choice on the used market. You don't have the wide range of cars to choose from that you'd see if you were looking for a saloon. So you might need to be more flexible about engine and spec issues.

FWIW, we had a 2015 C220d Coupe and the engine was bi-turbo.

If you don't need the additional space of the E class estate, I'd opt for the C class pre-facelift S204 with toys, especially full leather, heated seats, parktronic, telephone prep, Comand NTG4, electric tailgate and C220cdi or C250Cgi, 17" wheels is a benefit especially if Goodyears not Contis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom