Buying advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandon007

Car
Toyota
Hello all, I'm looking to change my car for another E class however how can I check tht it's not an ex taxi?

Also the taxis would have base spec and 4-cyl Diesel engines.

thanks, what do you think?

Attachments

• merc lsh.jpg
    merc lsh.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 48
Looks nice won’t have been a taxi with that mileage either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's assuming the mileage is genuine...

True but isn’t LSH a Mercedes dealer?

True but isn’t LSH a Mercedes dealer?

Yes they are an official Mercedes Benz dealer and used to be called Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham Central up to 2016.

Company Name: LSH Auto UK Limited | Company Registration number: 10066569 | Vat/other Registration number: 239 7187 68

Registered Office: Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham Central, Lawley Middleway, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B4 7XH. Registered In England No. 10066569

Hi all, It is an ex taxi along with 1000's more in fact we have over 189,000 records of ex private hire Mercedes cars alone. We've spent the last 18 months trying to highlight these cars to franchise and independent garages along with car auction companies but to no avail. So 2019 we're going to tell the public how to try and spot an ex taxi.
Did you know?
* The motor trade devalue an ex taxi by approx 20%
* 1000 taxi/private hire vehicles are licensed every working day in the UK
* We have records of vehicles which are under 10k mls and 12 mths old & 10yrs old and 200k mls
* All our records are supplied direct from licensing councils in England, Scotland & Wales
* It is an offence to mislead a buyer in a way that may affect their buying decision
We're not suggesting you shouldn't buy an extaxi but those consumers we've spoken to have said "They did not set out to buy an extaxi".

Hi all, It is an ex taxi along with 1000's more in fact we have over 189,000 records of ex private hire Mercedes cars alone. We've spent the last 18 months trying to highlight these cars to franchise and independent garages along with car auction companies but to no avail. So 2019 we're going to tell the public how to try and spot an ex taxi.
Did you know?
* The motor trade devalue an ex taxi by approx 20%
* 1000 taxi/private hire vehicles are licensed every working day in the UK
* We have records of vehicles which are under 10k mls and 12 mths old & 10yrs old and 200k mls
* All our records are supplied direct from licensing councils in England, Scotland & Wales
* It is an offence to mislead a buyer in a way that may affect their buying decision
We're not suggesting you shouldn't buy an extaxi but those consumers we've spoken to have said "They did not set out to buy an extaxi".

How did you find out it was a taxi?

Vehicle Ancestry It's an idea I had 2yrs ago! sorry not what the forum is for I guess...I'm a little chap who's spent two years collecting licensing data so consumers can avoid buying an ex private hire vehicle (If they want to) I'm now launching the service to the public. Many of the customers I speak to only find me after buying a car and having issues with it, we work similar to a car check service type your reg in and search... Maybe I should offer it free to forum users for a month as I've been a little underhand posting :) I hope i'm forgiven

Thats very true! I dread to think what my 72k mile 4yr old used approved Mercedes E Class used to be :(

Hi you can check If you wish but don't blame me... id dealerfreetrial pw vehicleancestry This is one I hope doesn't show :-(

All clear :)

:wallbash: I love the E class but the one thing always holding me back is the fact that it is such a popular taxi.

I'm worried I'll be driving down the road and somebody will try to flag me down.:)

That said, I'm driving my son to collect his E53AMG Coupe next week which is not very taxi looking. :D

Ah yes forgot they had to be tested every 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom