Buying advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EhabAttia

Car
Hopefully e220D
Hello all
New to the Forum and to MB world , intending to buy e220d , found 2019 E220d SE premium , 14k miles that hopefully will be test driving next Friday , price is 22,980£ , would really appreciate the input , what to look for apart from the normal used cars problems .
car comes with 18 month MB warranty / two free services .
finally , any one managed to negotiate price with main dealers or should drop the idea ??
Thanks in advance

Nice motor.

As far as I know LSH Auto are an official MB dealer, so the car is likely to be sold as MB Approved Used.

If so, then this is good because it provides certain benefits such as the right to return the vehicle and replace it with a different one within 30 days if you are unhappy with it for any reason.

Additionally, the car will still have the remains of the original 3 years new car warranty.

What I would say, however, is that MB dealers tend to give a song and dance about how they check and prepare Approved Used cars prior to sale, but sadly many members on here discovered to their detriment that this was not the case.

I am not suggesting that LSH Autos are one of those dealers, but I would suggest to inspect the car closely before signing on the deal, agree in advance what issues (if any) you would like sorted prior to collection, and then arrange collection on a day when you have sufficient time to check that any issues raised earlier were indeed resolved before accepting the car.

The things to avoid are buying unseen, arranging delivery to your home address, or arranging collection for 5pm.

Sorry to sound distrustful, and this might be unfair on LSH Auto, but again I talk from other people's experience.

Welcome to the forum.

finally , any one managed to negotiate price with main dealers or should drop the idea ??

Not at all. Have a figure in your mind you want to get off the car and ask. Don't give away any emotion and see what you get back.

Over the last 20 odd years, I've found the size of the discount you can get on cars has got smaller.

If you don't get much off the price, ask for more things to be thrown in like a third service and an additional year warranty once the initial 3 years is up...

At the end of the day, you have to reach a price you are happy to pay and if you don't ask, you don't get.

Thank guys for the advice , one more question , I am kinda lost in the Navigation system , advert says it comes with Command online as standard, also Apple/Android auto , is that different from Garmin Map , and if so , is it upgradable ?

Thank guys for the advice , one more question , I am kinda lost in the Navigation system , advert says it comes with Command online as standard, also Apple/Android auto , is that different from Garmin Map , and if so , is it upgradable ?

The entry level infotainment system is Audio20. It does not come with navigation as standard. The unit has an SD-Card slot into which you can insert the optional Garmin Map Pilot SD-Card, containing the navigation software and maps. But from what you say, this is not the unit the car has.

The higher-end infotainment system is COMAND Online (the specific variant on the car will be either the older NTG5*1, or the newer NTG5.5). COMAND has its own built-in navigation software (i.e. not Garmin), and it also has an internal Hard Disk Drive for storing the maps. So no SD-Card is needed for the navigation to work. COMAND is the better unit both in terms of the audio capabilities and the navigation system. Based on what you said, this is what the car has.

Apple CarPlay / Android Auto is always optional so it's good to hear the car has it. I suggest however that you check that this feature is actually activated, because some cars 'have them' but they need to be activated before first use - and this one-off activation can cost up to £300....

Thanks a million , now it makes sense, will make another post when u have the car .
Thanks again

Have a quick look on Command On Line website. You should be able to identify the system installed and then what the most current maps version is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom