Buying Advise - X218 CLS shooting brake . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elpedro

Car
CLS350 shooting brake
Hi all, I'm new & decided to take the plunge & defect from BMW to MB.

I am looking to buy an older X218 CLS350d shooting brake. I've spotted one I'm due to look at which is a 2013 model. My basic research has uncovered various engine issues & recalls but they seem to be for the smaller 2.0 engine.

So I was looking for all/any buying advise please !? Things to look out for, common faults, weaknesses etc etc et al

The seller says that the car has MB main dealer servicing to 2017: can I scroll through the dash system to check this as you can on BMWs ?

Many thanks in advance, Pete

Hi all, I'm new & decided to take the plunge & defect from BMW to MB.

I am looking to buy an older X218 CLS350d shooting brake. I've spotted one I'm due to look at which is a 2013 model. My basic research has uncovered various engine issues & recalls but they seem to be for the smaller 2.0 engine.

So I was looking for all/any buying advise please !? Things to look out for, common faults, weaknesses etc etc et al

The seller says that the car has MB main dealer servicing to 2017: can I scroll through the dash system to check this as you can on BMWs ?

Many thanks in advance, Pete
They aren't perfect I'm sure, but mine has been faultless so far. The engine you're looking at is shared with many other MB models, so faults associated with that should be easy to find out about on the 'net.

The service history is not on the dash system, but any MB dealer can produce a printout of it.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom