Buying An A45 My Experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shazzya45

Car
Mercedes A45 AMG
Im a newbie to the Mercedes family and i have finally made one of my dreams come true by putting an order in for an A45 AMG. I made this account the moment i left the show room and i cannot explain the excitement. Im due delivery of the car towards the end of September. This order took me almost 4 weeks to place due to some dealers not taking me seriously and were quite rude and far too abrupt to be honest.

I Eventually had to travel to a dealer that was an hour away from me (Mercedes Tamworth) because the birmingham branch were refusing me a test drive and to top it all off their finance system was down coincidently. Solihull didnt bother calling me back or the sales guy was always "handing over a car".

It come to a point where i called tamworth and requested a test drive and on the day what a test drive it turned out to be. The service i received was second to non. Im 25 years old but look like im 19 LOL. But they took me seriously from the introduction. Took me out in a demo and we stuck to the legal road limit [emoji56]. Then come to the real deal...MONEY!!. We came to an agreement within half hour and the deal i got was ridiculous so i had to shake on it and leave the deposit. Mercedes Benz World for all AMG buyers is a brilliant touch.

Although its a small showroom the guys in there are awesome.

Now the long wait begins... so what am i expecting on handover day???? The excitement is killing meeeeeeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations. Glad you found a dealer who treated you properly ! The wait until September will seem endless but hopefully when the car arrived it will have been worthwhile

thank you! i cant find words to explain the excitement. The salesman is trying to hunt down a c63s for me to whi around in for a weekend. fingers crossed.:D

thanks bud. cannot wait to experience it all. so many plans for it.

You did the right thing.

If a dealer trying to win your business can't be rsed, what chance have you got beyond that!

Good luck with it.

thank you JohnEBoy. the dealers have been a joke and some dealers need to take the younger market alot more seriously.

Well done fella. They're a proper thing & I hope time flies till delivery day!

I rang Solihull about an E63. Gave up leaving messages as they never rang back. They did ring me 6 weeks later to ask if I as interested as they were discounting the car. Told them I was fine I'd bought one elsewhere.

Well done fella. They're a proper thing & I hope time flies till delivery day!

I rang Solihull about an E63. Gave up leaving messages as they never rang back. They did ring me 6 weeks later to ask if I as interested as they were discounting the car. Told them I was fine I'd bought one elsewhere.

Ticking off the days on my calendar lol. Yeah the service from solihull is shocking mate. I seen the new e63 and it is aggressively beautiful! Congrats on the purchase. Hope to see it soon at some of the meets. What colour have you gone for?

I bet you are. Mines 2 years old so not the new shape. It's silver. I'll have the new one in a few years when they come up a bit cheaper.

What's the colour & spec on yours?

I bet you are. Mines 2 years old so not the new shape. It's silver. I'll have the new one in a few years when they come up a bit cheaper.

What's the colour & spec on yours?

Oh right i get you. That is still a beautiful car. Iv gone for metallic black with the aero pack, night pack, performance exhaust, oh and its the premium edition which adds the pan roof harmon kardon system etc.

Congrats ! And well played with those dealers ! (****holes) ...

If you get the C63 for the weekend it may have you rethinking the whole thing through !!

The A45`s are a hoot !! I used to have the PETRONAS Edition, absolute missile ! You will love it !!

thanks stevebgt1. LOL as tempted as i would be to sway to the C63 i dont think it would go down too well with my budget. in the near future ill be upgrading to a C63 or the E63 but the A45 is something iv wanted since they launched and now my hard work as helped get my hands on one. the demo i drove was amazing. We were out driving it for a good 2 hours and didnt want to stop at all. cannot wait. your E63 look beautiful btw.

Wish I was younger ! I Can still remember the thrill of walking into the Jaguar showroom in 2000, just after I retired ( at 53 mind you ) Came out with a XJR v8 , not new but only a few k miles on the clock. No waiting for me, enjoyed it for 18 months but it cost me nearly £1k month depreciation. Now decided to stick with older cars, just traded in my 2008 E320 cdi Avantgarde with only 42 k miles ( bought 4 yrs ago), for an even older 2007 ML 320cdi Sport. one owner , also amazingly 42 k miles with 10 MB service stamps, looks and drives like a new car , collect it next Saturday. Wanted a 2008 ML 420 and had a test drive booked but my wife gave me some input, result I put my practical head on and found the ML 320 by chance, price was high but the spec was right and got a reasonable p/X for the E class . Maybe an AMG next, still hankering for another V8 petrol.

Wish I was younger ! I Can still remember the thrill of walking into the Jaguar showroom in 2000, just after I retired ( at 53 mind you ) Came out with a XJR v8 , not new but only a few k miles on the clock. No waiting for me, enjoyed it for 18 months but it cost me nearly £1k month depreciation. Now decided to stick with older cars, just traded in my 2008 E320 cdi Avantgarde with only 42 k miles ( bought 4 yrs ago), for an even older 2007 ML 320cdi Sport. one owner , also amazingly 42 k miles with 10 MB service stamps, looks and drives like a new car , collect it next Saturday. Wanted a 2008 ML 420 and had a test drive booked but my wife gave me some input, result I put my practical head on and found the ML 320 by chance, price was high but the spec was right and got a reasonable p/X for the E class . Maybe an AMG next, still hankering for another V8 petrol.
that doesnt sound too bad. considering my first car (7 years ago) was a 2004 jaguar x type which i still have. it was a 2.0 diesel but now is the right time for me to take a giant step and get an amg. V8? think you my friend need to get behind of an e63... im sure you want to p/x you new ML for that ;) give it a go!

thank you! i cant find words to explain the excitement. The salesman is trying to hunt down a c63s for me to whi around in for a weekend. fingers crossed.:D

Don't do it, it'll spoil the A45 for you. The difference between a grown up rear drive AMG and the mental hot hatch is huge.

Don't do it, it'll spoil the A45 for you. The difference between a grown up rear drive AMG and the mental hot hatch is huge.

I know what you mean when you say that. I know id enjoy the a45 regardless, the c63 will just be an experience for me, although i have the Mercedes Benz World Driving Experience Day to really thras the c63...

Youv got me thinking... never a good thing when i start thinking lol

Great to see you're so excited, that's how it should be. Look forward to seeing pics when it arrives.:thumb:

Don't let anyone tell you your dream car is any less special than a C63. They're both fantastic cars. ;)

Great to see you're so excited, that's how it should be. Look forward to seeing pics when it arrives.:thumb:

Don't let anyone tell you your dream car is any less special than a C63. They're both fantastic cars. ;)

The word excited is an understatement. Hell no my pocket rocket is going to look amazing and I'm sure it will catch a lot of attention where i live in birmingham.

thank you JohnEBoy. the dealers have been a joke and some dealers need to take the younger market alot more seriously.

I've had the same problem in the past as I look younger than my age (so I am told).

I remember trying to buy a new 328ci once back in 2000 to upgrade from my 7 year old E36 325i. One particular salesman thought I was wasting their time and told me they couldn't get demonstrators. Nothing positive like could they let me know when one came in etc.

In the end I spent the £25k on a 3 year old M3 Evolution instead and made sure when I was at the dealer to show the salesman.

Probably he couldn't care less, as people like that are too up their own rseholes, but I felt a lot better about it.

And what a difference in car too! :D

I've dealt with many slimy salesman since (and it's always men - the saleswomen I've spoken to seem really nice including the one I bought my current CL500 from last year).

They simply don't get the business as I fear rewarding failure is not the way forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom