Buying an E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc CC Coupe

Car
Mercedes E Class Coupe C238
Hello all,
Great site. Long time visitor but first time post. Had my 2011 C Class coupe diesel for getting on for a couple of years now and thinking of a change. The recently revamped E Class coupe is drawing my attention and it could be the time of year to pick up a bargain. The question is has anyone recently got a cracking deal on a nearly new Mercedes E Class? Any forum members shared experiences would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have been speaking to both main dealer and few leasing companies regarding new coupe.
Due to very recent release, there are rather limited offers they can put on the table.

Yes, deals can be made, but I found that those are not typical 'cant walk away from' I would like to see.

Btw, Welcome to the forum :)

You paying cash or financing?

You can get one on contract hire from £240 a month with around £2000 deposit.

Buying one I would aim for around 12%.

Ordered my E350 in June, collected it in October. I shook on a deal of 15% off list. By the time we'd finished with the spec. it was a little better than that. I also dodged the September price rise, so in the end it came out as a cracker of a deal.

The salesman put his notice in and moved to another dealership the next day so maybe he was feeling mischievous when he did the deal. But at the time I could do -16.2% with DriveTheDeal, so I would suggest that whatever they can do should be your target in negotiations.

Teflonso;1825621[B said:
]Ordered my E350 in June, collected it in October. I shook on a deal of 15% off list. By the time we'd finished with the spec. it was a little better than that. I also dodged the September price rise, so in the end it came out as a cracker of a deal.[/B]

The salesman put his notice in and moved to another dealership the next day so maybe he was feeling mischievous when he did the deal. But at the time I could do -16.2% with DriveTheDeal, so I would suggest that whatever they can do should be your target in negotiations.

How this translate into actual figures if you don't mind me asking ? Interesting to see how this compares to mine.

You paying cash or financing?

You can get one on contract hire from £240 a month with around £2000 deposit.

Buying one I would aim for around 12%.

Presume this is leasing and not PCP ? (please say yes !!)

There are deals to be had at the moment, I got £6500 off my e350 and i guy i know just got £7.2k however his was more expensive.

This is off a brand new E class registered in Nov and Dec this year

There are deals to be had at the moment, I got £6500 off my e350 and i guy i know just got £7.2k however his was more expensive.

This is off a brand new E class registered in Nov and Dec this year

Was that a cash or finance deal if you don't mind me asking.

How this translate into actual figures if you don't mind me asking ? Interesting to see how this compares to mine.
I just agreed a straight 15% off list for the car and all the options (of which there was originally £4.6k, but I knocked pano roof off the list because of long delivery time). Prior to collection we had a minor tiff about the Q4 price increase, but in the end the dealer swallowed it.

If buying with cash make sure you trawl through plenty of dealers - the responses I got varied from completely comatose to very keen to do a deal. There are quite a few MB owned franchises - my experience was that "we won't be beaten" but in the end, the ones I spoke to were too idle to pick up a calculator.

I spoke to DriveTheDeal and would have gone with them, but I had a few special little things around the edges so wanted to be with a dealer within an hour of home.

Was that a cash or finance deal if you don't mind me asking.

I used dtd and then got Mb to match, I took their finance as its cheap. It was either that or lease and the lease was a lot more expensive.

I got around 9k off the list of a new E250 Amg Cab. Retailing at just under 45K with a few extras added. Cracking deal i thought.
Had the car since September and still think its one of the best cars out there at the minute IMO.
White & Black leather, pretty quick and easy to achieve 50mpg once at least 4k running in mileage on the clock.
Also Mercedes finance can get around 3.5% Apr, great rate too if you need it.

Last edited:
Hello again,

Thanks for the welcome and the advice.

On Saturday I put a deposit on a 3 month old E class C220 amg coupe, new/face lift model. Got what I think was a great deal. Having to travel the length of the country to pick it up but got a deal £3k better than any dealer within a 20 mile radius of Manchester could do.

Pick it up on Friday. Will post some picture as soon as poss.

Hi
I am also planning buy a new e class saloon. I have just finished my 3 yr finance on the new c class I bought in 2010. The dealer is pushing on me to buy it before the end of the year as he says the price will go up in the new year and these offers won't be available in the new year. He gave me a quote for 330 per month with a 5000 deposit for 36 months (pcp) on a e class se saloon with no extras.

Is this a good deal?

Is it true that the price will go up in the new year?

I was hoping to get a 14 plate

Is there any new e class models or facelift coming up in the new year?

Sorry, too many questions. But I would appreciate your reply. Thanks.

Will you keep it longer than 3 years or swap again?

If you swap again then I would look at hiring one, you will pay around £300 a month with £1800 deposit.

This gives you an idea of current prices on E220cdi saloons...

Mercedes-Benz E Class contract hire | Mercedes-Benz E Class lease | Mercedes-Benz E Class car leasing

So £1700 deposit and then £280 a month, add 10% on that to take it to around 15k miles a year.

With the E coming with all essential options it makes the contract hire deals very attractive.
You have really got to want to keep the car for many years to do a PCP with the option to own.

Will you keep it longer than 3 years or swap again?

If you swap again then I would look at hiring one, you will pay around £300 a month with £1800 deposit.

This gives you an idea of current prices on E220cdi saloons...

Mercedes-Benz E Class contract hire | Mercedes-Benz E Class lease | Mercedes-Benz E Class car leasing

So £1700 deposit and then £280 a month, add 10% on that to take it to around 15k miles a year.

With the E coming with all essential options it makes the contract hire deals very attractive.
You have really got to want to keep the car for many years to do a PCP with the option to own.

Spot on IME.
Running the E220cdi SE saloon since April, 2yrs hire only, £1200 down and £412 inc vat for the 40k miles.

Drag that out to 3yrs and regular mileage and the above is easily realised.

My colleague liked it so much he bought one on agility, and in Gloucester haggled it down to just over £30k drive away (£34k list?), this was two months ago.

Steve

gIzzE said:
Will you keep it longer than 3 years or swap again? If you swap again then I would look at hiring one, you will pay around £300 a month with £1800 deposit. This gives you an idea of current prices on E220cdi saloons... Mercedes-Benz E Class contract hire | Mercedes-Benz E Class lease | Mercedes-Benz E Class car leasing So £1700 deposit and then £280 a month, add 10% on that to take it to around 15k miles a year. With the E coming with all essential options it makes the contract hire deals very attractive. You have really got to want to keep the car for many years to do a PCP with the option to own.

Thank you very much for replying. I had not considered hiring until I saw this. Chances are I will change it again in 3 yrs. so, I think it is better to hire one. Although I could not find any deals with 1700 deposit and 280 per month.

By the way, I went through drive the deal for pcp and they have me a quote with 285 per month for 36 months with a 5000 deposit, which is way better than my dealer offered me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom