Buying an engagement ring - advice - home or abroad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
. Back in England, paid to have it valued, they saved about a third on what it would have cost here. There are any amount of gold and Jewellery shops in Panjim, go for it. :thumb:

Do they expect you to declare and pay VAT on return to England, or is that just something we're expected to do if we come back to Wales, NI, or Scotland?

Could be one of the longest genuine thread revivals.

I've seen a thread revived from 2002 in 2014 - but that was by someone just trying to raise their post count. :rolleyes:

Do they expect you to declare and pay VAT on return to England, or is that just something we're expected to do if we come back to Wales, NI, or Scotland?

Well, my wife bought me a gold watch in Antigua a couple of years ago, and I wore it home, my friends wife wore her diamond and emerald ring home, so unless you're in customs and excise the answer is no, conversely, several years ago I ordered a BMW to my specification from a German main dealer went over and collected it, drove it home, paid the VAT and registration fees etc, and still saved about £6000 on what local dealerships wanted at that time. So you pay your money and make your choice. : ;)

So you pay your money and make your choice. : ;)

Well there is the choice to save money which is a general thing and may be considered prudent.

And there is the choice to evade duty and taxes which may be considered to be something entirely different and is not made any more moral or less criminal by the addition of a ";)".

We are not here to judge morality, you asked me , and I answered honestly, you may not approve of my answer, but I do not expect to be judged by you or anyone else, thank you.And I don't see how the addition of a ;) should make any difference either, one way or the other.

.And I don't see how the addition of a ;) should make any difference either, one way or the other.

So you're now actively soliciting my weighty disapproval regarding the deliberate use of unecessary and superfluous emoticons as well?

;)

So you're now actively soliciting my weighty disapproval regarding the deliberate use of unecessary and superfluous emoticons as well?

;)

How you can even think, that an emoticon should warrant weighty disapproval, and then even consider for a moment, that I would be remotely interested in your opinion of their use, is beyond me. Do you have issues? No don't answer, I'm really not that interested.:wallbash:
Thought that might cheer you up, or, maybe not! Goodnight.

How you can even think, that an emoticon should warrant weighty disapproval

Not just weighty disapproval but *my* weighty disapproval. At least a Kg or two of the finest grade of disapproval.

And worse you augment your crime because you don't even realise that it is not the innocent emoticon which has to bear this disapproval - but the poster who so heinously used the innocent emoticon with such indifference that it didn't matter.

And you think I have issues?

Think of the emoticon you so callously applied to a post and then claimed that it made no difference. How does the emoticon feel?

Think on that for a moment before disinterestedly charging off to bed.

I'm keeping winky out of this now. He's suffered enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom