Buying C63 Edition 125 (2011)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kamrankhan

Car
FR
Hi all,

Newbie here! I am about to make the plunge for a 2011 C63 Edition 125 Saloon (Not PPP).

I just wanted to get your opinions on this:
Used Mercedes-AMG C-Class C63 Edition 125 4Dr Auto Petrol Saloon for Sale | Bristol Street Motors

It was going to be an E92 M3 or the C63 and I have been inclining towards the C63 as it seems to be less common compared to the M3 and there's something about the C63 which just clicks with me.

Also, can someone check if the service report looks to be in good order? I have attached it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• c63.jpg
    c63.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 31
  • c63-2.jpg
    c63-2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 30
2011 car, which didn't have its first service until 2014?

Car was first registered 16.12.11 but yes that's why I shared the service report as that looked a bit strange to me.

Servicing is out of sync....two A's, a B and then another A looks a bit odd. I wonder who had the car from new.

Doesn't sound like a good buy then :(

Right spoke to the dealer about this and they stated the first service was not due until 12k for this car and due to the low mileage for first couple of years of ownership, service wasn’t needed. :S

You might want to check with someone with more knowledge on this but Mercedes have been doing the 10K/1yr service interval for years. I do less than 5K miles per year and still get my car serviced every year. It should have been noted in the log book that everything was okay as they still have to do the check.

If it is still covered under MB’s mobilo breakdown recovery service then MB must be happy with the service record.

Needs a damned good clean though!

If it is still covered under MB’s mobilo breakdown recovery service then MB must be happy with the service record.

Needs a damned good clean though!

Looked at the history online (mercedes.me). Under guarantee section, there's an exclamation mark against mobilo and tick for guarantee against perforation through corrosion.

Last edited:
A or B Service should be once a year, irrespective of mileage.
Brake fluid change every 2 years, irrespective of mileage.
Once at 31,000 miles or 3 years, whichever comes first - gear box oil and filter change
Every 3 years, air filter changed
Every 4 years, spark plugs replaced

The service history is a little odd.
However if the car drives well and looks good there could be a deal to be done.
If I was looking to buy that car then the supplying dealer would need to have a huge service done on it at MB to give peace of mind.
Things like gearbox service, plugs, brake fluid, etc
That would cost you around £1200 ish if you were to do it.

Since I’ve owned mine ( 5 years ) on one occasion mine had done less than 400 miles from one service to the next but I still had it done even though there was really no need. This thread hits the nail on the head the reason why.

Come resale time it will become a big problem the reason why that year was missed. And although like said above. If the car drives as it should and looks as if it’s been looked after, to me a year missed on the history wouldn’t be a deal breaker. But to some potential buyers I can just hear the s**t that would come out of there mouths lol. Like although the mileage hasn’t been covered the oil still looses its qualities over time blah blah.

On the other side and this is more of a dealer problem and more so with bmw’s But it does go on with our dealers. Is the lifetime gearbox fluid or diff fluid. Don’t make me laugh!! What a load of bull****.

Thanks for all your input! Much appreciated.

I pulled out from this deal due to the oddities with history. Back on the hunt!

This seems like an ex-lease car. They can be usually neglected with the first few years of services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom