Buying C63s Coupe- advice/help needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brennis63

Car
AMG C63s Coupe
Hi all,

I am on the verge of ordering an AMG C63s Coupe. I went via Carwow to try and get the best deal possible, and got a really competitive discount.

The problem is that there are 2 options which I want but cannot include on my build via the Carwow configurator:

1. The AMG Night Pack (it says it will not allow it with Carbon Pack 2)
2. The AMG Drivers Pack (this isn't even an available option)

Both of these are available when using the online MB configurator so my question is: Has anyone else here gone via Carwow and experienced this, and what did you do to overcome?

I have tried preliminary talks with the dealer, but initial attempts have resulted in them simply referring me to the MB configurator (which is no help as I then don't get the Carwow discount).

Are there any dealers on here who are able to provide some insight into the best course of action to take?

Many thanks in advance!
Ben

Why not use the carwow quote as it is to see if MB will match it? The add the other 2 packs on.
Most dealers will match or get somewhere close.

Hi all,

I am on the verge of ordering an AMG C63s Coupe. I went via Carwow to try and get the best deal possible, and got a really competitive discount.

The problem is that there are 2 options which I want but cannot include on my build via the Carwow configurator:

Both of these are available when using the online MB configurator so my question is: Has anyone else here gone via Carwow and experienced this, and what did you do to overcome?

I have tried preliminary talks with the dealer, but initial attempts have resulted in them simply referring me to the MB configurator (which is no help as I then don't get the Carwow discount).

Are there any dealers on here who are able to provide some insight into the best course of action to take?

Many thanks in advance!
Ben
Hi - sounds like there configurator is wrong - don’t all the dealers email you with their best offer before you go ahead , ask them them, I certainly emailed a few questions directly to the dealers who car wow put in touch . I’m sure it will Be fine , that’s being said try “drive the deal” and possibly your best bet is a guy called JBD on this forum . He matched the best price I had from carwow and DTD , i didn’t use him in the end as I hadn’t paid a deposit but he seemed very straight forward and he’s on here all the time - either way I wouldn’t sweat it - they won’t start building till you sign off the order and it will take weeks to even get a build slot

Good luck with your purchase - I have a w205 c63s coupe and I love it , you won’t Be disappointed !

Hi - sounds like there configurator is wrong - don’t all the dealers email you with their best offer before you go ahead , ask them them, I certainly emailed a few questions directly to the dealers who car wow put in touch . I’m sure it will Be fine , that’s being said try “drive the deal” and possibly your best bet is a guy called JBD on this forum . He matched the best price I had from carwow and DTD , i didn’t use him in the end as I hadn’t paid a deposit but he seemed very straight forward and he’s on here all the time - either way I wouldn’t sweat it - they won’t start building till you sign off the order and it will take weeks to even get a build slot

Good luck with your purchase - I have a w205 c63s coupe and I love it , you won’t Be disappointed !
Just had a quick look - you should get about 10k off list with dtd, but £1500 of this will Be dependent on taking out some sort of mb finance

Why not use the carwow quote as it is to see if MB will match it? The add the other 2 packs on.
Most dealers will match or get somewhere close.

Yeah I did actually try this. Admittedly I only went to one MB dealer, but it is one that a friend works for and he was about 2% off the Carwow deal so was basically looking to maximize the discount.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Yes the dealers do email you before you go ahead, but so far I have found them to be not as forthcoming with answers as I would have expected. Under usual circumstances, would just go elsewhere- but they have the best deal I have seen thus far (and that did include a DTD quote I got too). I will continue discussions with the dealer- just wanted to see if there was a way to make it instantly easier for them to understand.

Hopefully JBD will see this- and offer some advice/options!

Thanks! Am looking for a May-July kind of delivery so am keen to get this ordered ASAP!

Hi, Try posting on the thread 'Ask JBD' as you may not be able to PM him.

A friend had this exact issue when ordering his. He went to Mercedes Teesside who matched the Carlow offer as most dealers that want a sale usually should. They then added the 2 optional extras at the discounted % for the overall price.

What % are you looking at?

A friend had this exact issue when ordering his. He went to Mercedes Teesside who matched the Carlow offer as most dealers that want a sale usually should. They then added the 2 optional extras at the discounted % for the overall price.

What % are you looking at?

Ok- will try and get the dealer that made the quote to add on the extras at the discounted rate. If not, looks like I may have to end up contacting quite a few dealers then and trying to get them to match. It was 13.2% (incl the £1500 contribution for finance).

Cheers,
Ben

Hi, Try posting on the thread 'Ask JBD' as you may not be able to PM him.

Forgive me- may be a stupid question but assume you mean to just edit the thread title?

Hi,

I have been through this recently having just ordered a C63 estate. I got my dealer to agree to match the carwow discount and apply it to a build slot they had. As the spec wasn’t locked down I was then able to spec exactly what I wanted.

Is the discount you have been offered on the basis of an outright purchase? I imagine you can do better. I noticed the discounts for finance deals were greater (16.5% vs 12-13%) so went down that route and will then settle up earlier in order to maximise the saving.

Enjoy!

Hi,

I have been through this recently having just ordered a C63 estate. I got my dealer to agree to match the carwow discount and apply it to a build slot they had. As the spec wasn’t locked down I was then able to spec exactly what I wanted.

Is the discount you have been offered on the basis of an outright purchase? I imagine you can do better. I noticed the discounts for finance deals were greater (16.5% vs 12-13%) so went down that route and will then settle up earlier in order to maximise the saving.

Enjoy!

Yeah think I am going to have to get them to agree a price/build slot, then lock in the spec. The discount was based on finance- from what I have read there are greater savings to be had on saloon/estates vs coupe but not sure how true that is. Thanks for the advice!

Forgive me- may be a stupid question but assume you mean to just edit the thread title?
Sorry. Its a thread where JBD answers any questions forum members would like to ask him.

Hi all,

Many thanks in advance!
Ben

I went through a similar exercise last summer, similar spec but not the Carbon pack.

For me the Carwow/various car brokers were very good at generating attractive quotes but getting the dealers to firm up the details is more of a struggle, some don't bother to respond.

I would have contacted JBD but wasn't aware of him at the time, shame his colleagues at my local dealership were less keen.

At the time the max % discount I was getting quoted was 14% but couldn't get any of the dealers to provide finance or trade-in info, very odd/annoying.

I was keen to see a C63 Coupe in black so went down to a North London dealership to have a look, they had a delivery coming in which matched my requirements apart from HUD.

The discount wasn't as high as 14% but the trade-in was sensible so the overall deal was good for me and I took delivery a few days later.

Thanks all. Have made contact with JBD and looks promising so far!

Will update you with how I get on.

Cheers,
Ben

Sorry I missed this! Thanks for getting in touch via email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there was definitely a happy ending to this story! Pleasure to handover Ben’s C63S Coupe yesterday
980302170e5d5ebe26fb62e20b388d2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO HAPPY! Unbelievably quick turnaround too! A massive thank you to not only JBD, but the people that gave the advice and pointed me in his direction. 2 very happy customers over here!

I’m just going through Carwow at the moment and got 16.6% discount from 2 dealers as long as I take £3000 in finance. One is offering me £1500 more for my part ex (going to try sell it private) but the dealer salesman I want to go with won’t call me back so I spoke to the business manager instead. He couldn’t apologise more and said he would personally deal with it. I asked if they had reached there monthly quota and that’s why he wouldn’t speak to me .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom