Buying HELP (E Coupe)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Scooby Doo said
The big plus with even the 220cdi AMG 2013 facelift is obviously the front end and the twin rear exhausts but it also comes with leather,folding mirrors and command sat nav as standard.As far as the "Pano" roof is concerned, it changes the interior of the car completely (does creak a bit over uneven roads) and on a light colour car the black roof really stands out.

The front end is a matter of opinion. The twin exhaust are pretends. My pano roof don't creek I have leather interior folding mirrors and command. Where is this big plus ???

Command is the big plus. You must avoid pot holes! :D But I have the Cab anyway and it does rattle a bit on pot holes....

The front end is a matter of opinion. The twin exhaust are pretends. My pano roof don't creek I have leather interior folding mirrors and command. Where is this big plus ???

Every time I get a comment about the car the first line is usually "I love the front " and as for the rear end , pretend they may be, but drive behind any 3 series BMW or non V6 Jaguar XF and the see the difference. As for the other extras that are probably standard on a 350 , you'll be hard pushed to find a 220 or 250 pre 2013 facelift that's got leather and Sat Nav.

A point that is worth noting, the 350 will have all the spec as standard especially in sport trim, on the lower engines you get less unless the boxes were ticked when new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say the 350CDI over the 220/250CDI, but if you're not doing many miles go for a petrol 350.

I got rid of my '11 E350 D6 Cabrio in July last year because the values were dropping at an alarming rate, think they've more or less tanked now and expect the same of the facelift but fortunately moved it on quite quickly, residuals might not be a strong point but you get a hell of a lot of car for the money.

One thing that irks me about the spec of the facelift vs pre facelift, the pre facelift sport spec included the adaptive bi-xenons and high beam assist, the facelift just has xenon bulbs, you have to pay extra for adaptive (LED) headlamps? Maybe it's just me that thinks it is a bit stupid to seemingly downgrade the spec for a facelift.

the depreciation on my 2013 e coupe 350cdi bought as a demonstrator has been some what alarming , what with the facelift and now rumours of a new e coupe on the horizon , be prepared for some big hits , but on the whole i am delighted with the coupe and would go for another , perhaps a e400 i do fancy one of them :d

+1

Scooby_Doo said:
Every time I get a comment about the car the first line is usually "I love the front " and as for the rear end , pretend they may be, but drive behind any 3 series BMW or non V6 Jaguar XF and the see the difference. As for the other extras that are probably standard on a 350 , you'll be hard pushed to find a 220 or 250 pre 2013 facelift that's got leather and Sat Nav.

I agree with the rear I honestly don't think I could go back to a car with only 1 pipe. I have seen several new Jags think they are XF models with one tail pipe lets the whole car down. Quite a few manufacturers are now making the rear look like tail pipes both sides

engine wise i think i am now set with the 250, it has everything need fuel economy from a car that feels very responsive engine noise is certainly not what i expected amazed at the modern diesel engines now.

I've put down a £100 retainer on a 2012 E250 sport with the Pano Roof, 19" wheels, 64k and 1 owner form new. Car comes with 2 years servicing 2 years MOT and free delivery (approx 200 miles). It was up for £15995 managed to agree on £14995. What do yous think?

engine wise i think i am now set with the 250, it has everything need fuel economy from a car that feels very responsive engine noise is certainly not what i expected amazed at the modern diesel engines now.

I've put down a £100 retainer on a 2012 E250 sport with the Pano Roof, 19" wheels, 64k and 1 owner form new. Car comes with 2 years servicing 2 years MOT and free delivery (approx 200 miles). It was up for £15995 managed to agree on £14995. What do yous think?

Pano roof is excellent. 64k is the right number of miles for a diesel of that age. 64k miles means the engine is now properly run in and it wasn't under used.

As an owner of a E250 Coupé I'd say you've made a wise move and in my view it's a very fine engine balanced with driver comfort and design, chassis, and boot space.

However I do enjoy speed and to scratch that itch I have a Triumph Street Triple 675. About 3.4 seconds 0-60 :bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

I'm a consultant and travel the UK often up and down the bleeding M6 and M5. Taking the A41 and and back roads to avoid the Friday crush. The'. E250 Coupé for me is the perfect for that task as a 'Grand Tourer'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_tourer#Characteristics

Enjoy it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom