Buying new wheels ET35 ET36

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dubsR33

Car
CLK 320 & 515bhp R33
Hello everyone

i currently have the standard alloys on my CLK..

i took the front wheel off and it said ET36 on the inside spoke, am i right in thinking the rear alloys would be the same although they have a wider tyre etc?
Sorry if stupid questions i don't really understand offsets and that.. :wallbash:

On the new wheels i would like to buy, they say ET 35, will they fit?

Cheers :thumb:

No, they won't be necessarily the same wheels on the back. Depends on the model and usually wider than the fronts.

There's nothing stupid about your question at all but have a look at the picture below as it explain what offset is:

tech-offset-image2.jpg

In other words, offset is a distance between the part of the wheel that touches the hub and the centreline of the wheel. The bigger the value, the deeper the wheel sits in the wheel well. Opposite is also true, the smaller the value - the more it will stick out past the fender.

Back to your question, yes it is likely that the wheel with ET35 will fit, however you also need to take design of the new wheel into consideration. Some wheels are concave and may not clear the caliper, despite the correct offset.

Post the pictures of your new wheels as most likely somebody already tried them on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom