Buying Olympic tickets online

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
According to todays papers, VISA is the only card you can use to buy tickets. Also, you must make sure your card is valid until September for it to be accepted for payment.
If you are like me and your card expires between now and the end of August, then you must get a new card with an expiry date beyond September.
Just a heads-up.:doh:

Are you trying to buy tickets ?

Good heavens, no.

I wouldnt go if it was free.

Its just a warning to any of those who might be considering it.

Phew , i thought you'd gone nuts .... :crazy:

Lets hope they are not using the Olympic Clock in Trafalgar Square to time any of the events. You know the one that broke down and stopped after a couple of hours in front of the worlds sporting media.

So let me get this right.

My tax goes towards the Olympics but to buy a ticket on-line I have to a VISA card. Not an AMEX card or a DINERS card only a VISA CARD. And that card has to have an expiry beyond xx xx date.

Well this looks to be OK in the spirit of fair competition. Unless, of-course like one or two other people you don't happen (for whatever reason) to have a VISA card.

Is this not anti competetive?

Apparently, Its because VISA is one of the MAJOR games sponsors and it was one of their pre-requisites that only VISA could be used for on-line purchase.

If you had paid £xxx Millions to be able to have the rights, you would say the same.
I'm not blaming Visa here, the commercial side of the Olympics is a farce.

You mean the great "once amateur only" sporting event??

Give it a nudge to see if it goes out in water, Howard.

I'll try and see if they'll let me have a picture taken with me holding it ...

If you had paid £xxx Millions to be able to have the rights, you would say the same.
I'm not blaming Visa here, the commercial side of the Olympics is a farce.
The commercial side of the Olympics is anything but a farce. It's a highly lucrative gravy train for the IOC and the large companies that sponsor this circus.

It's the burden on the taxpayer that is farcical.

Sue. Fred, what are you so excited about?

Fred. I'm over the moon. I've just got a pack of Olympic Condoms.

Sue. Really..

Fred. Yeah! I think I'll wear a gold one tonight if you fancy it?

Sue. Why don't you try a silver one darlin', then you can come second for a bloody change!

Sue. Fred, what are you so excited about?

Fred. I'm over the moon. I've just got a pack of Olympic Condoms.

Sue. Really..

Fred. Yeah! I think I'll wear a gold one tonight if you fancy it?

Sue. Why don't you try a silver one darlin', then you can come second for a bloody change!

As Fred hunts through the pack for an aspirin-flavoured one ;)

Yes, I will go if it is free...,,,, It is really a big headache while trying to purchase tickets for Olympics, I will consider local music show rather than go to Olympic.. Local show are very cheap in rate than Olympic. :)

I agree ...

I would much rather go and see a local band in the 'Kings Head' than go to the Olympics ! ;)

I'm wondering how many tickets they will have left over, still never mind it's only us taxpayers that will have to foot the bill. :(

It's the last day to apply for tickets via the ballot system today. The only other way is to buy a package via Thomas Cook who are the approved seller.

A friend of mine wanted to take her 12 year old son to see some cycling in the Velodrome but was told that you have to buy a package that includes a night in a London hotel and some other event that was of no interest - in this case womens 75kg weight-lifting ! Only then would they get to see some 90 minutes of action in the Velodrome.

And the price ? A mere £800.

Sebastian Coe should be strung up from an Olympic flagpole by the tax payers of this country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom