Buying STAR machine with linked laptop - recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bert_W164

Car
ML (W164)
Hi,

A friend of mine got one off AliExpress with a Dell d630 laptop and had no issues on his CL500 and 600, it even had Dev mode...

As my ML is aging, and it's not easy to always get to an indie (when you're having issues that makes the car barely safe on the road...) it seems having STAR/Xentry and some knowledge would be a very useful tool...

Any recommendations on who, where, what to buy? Ultimately I want to be able to read codes properly, want to be able to reset service indicators and clear codes properly...and do coding if I ever need to in future...

If it is legit it will cost you tens of thousands....

Errr how do we feel about the other type on this forum...I saw one in the sales section which didn't sell for thousands and looked like the AliExpress offerings 😅

I don't want to break any forum rules here so will abandon the thread if discussion isn't allowed...but some experiences / recommendations are welcomed.

Please do not discuss knock off machines on here.
Sorry boss man, I think it's clear where I'm going with this - I don't think I am able to close the thread, but in light of your comment this thread is now redundant.

If you want to read codes and have service reset capabilities, why not get the iCarsoft OBD reader / scanner? several types to choose from....I bought the iCarsoft MB11, and it will do everything that you mention, and if you want more functions and capabilities, there is the iCarsoft CR PRO. And you won't be breaking any legal boundaries either, But if you do go down this route, make sure that you buy only from an iCarsoft registered supplier,,,otherwise you run the risk of not getting regular updates.

Do not discuss pirated software.

Last edited by a moderator:
See reply 4 from Admin.

Discussing the purchase or sale of illegal clones is not something that the Forum supports or condones

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom