Buying used merc mileage check

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delb0y, Jun 13, 2019.

1. delb0y

delb0y Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Hi guys

I have been looking for a used CLS. I can't but help look bolster wear and then see that car has done 28k or less. Is there any way to avoid mileage corrected cars ? I thought the keyfobs held the mileage also ?

Thanks

2. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    Did you check the MOT history online?

Also, cabin wear is a function of use, not miles.... if the car did only short journeys, the driver would still get in and out of the car every time.

3. Teego

Teego Active Member

Car:
    CLS55 AMG
    As above re MOT history. Plus you have to check the service history and invoices. Low mileage isn't necessarily a good thing. Get a moderate mileage car with great service history and you'll be fine.

SPX and markjay like this.
  4. SPX

SPX MB Club Veteran

Car:
    That one
    This is when a “high mile” car can be in better wear and tear condition than a “low mile” one - the very nature of a low mile car suggests it’s been driven slowly around town with more entrances and exits into the car than a car with average/above average mileage, hence the bolster wear.

5. AL3X

AL3X Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63 AMG
    Check MOT history, and service history, I’m not sure if Mercedes log the correct mileage in the ECU I know some brands do. My Current C63 is almost double the mileage my old one was 5 years ago, and yet drives 10 times better and has been maintained a lot better, low mileage isn’t always a good thing as said above.

slade1 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    delb0y

delb0y Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Ok thanks lad

7. Monkeylegend

Monkeylegend Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2011 E Class 220CDi, 2004 SL350
    As above my E class has done 308k miles with no wear on the seats or bolsters. The only bit of internal wear is where my bony elbow has rested for many hours on the door arm rest and centre console and the leather had a small area of cracking on each.

SPX and clk320x like this.