Buzz rattle from externl lights switch mounting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dwr

Car
Mercedes 200 Sport (W205)
Hello,

I've had my new C200 Sport [W205] for 3 weeks now. From collection, I have suffered an annoying and very frequent 'buzz'-type rattle emanating from the external lights switch installation. It is typically repeatable by driving over cat eyes at speeds above circa 50 mph. A gentle hand 'bash' on the dash underneath the external lights switch demonstrates the source of the buzz.

I took the car into my dealer, who declared that it was the design of the switch itself and that nothing could be done about it! I was advised to monitor it and see if it bedded itself in with more mileage. This explanation sounds a bit too convenient to me, as it implies that every new C Class must suffer from the same fault!

So, my question to the forum is does anyone else suffer from this snag in their W205 C Class?

dwr said:
Hello, I've had my new C200 Sport [W205] for 3 weeks now. From collection, I have suffered an annoying and very frequent 'buzz'-type rattle emanating from the external lights switch installation. It is typically repeatable by driving over cat eyes at speeds above circa 50 mph. A gentle hand 'bash' on the dash underneath the external lights switch demonstrates the source of the buzz. I took the car into my dealer, who declared that it was the design of the switch itself and that nothing could be done about it! I was advised to monitor it and see if it bedded itself in with more mileage. This explanation sounds a bit too convenient to me, as it implies that every new C Class must suffer from the same fault! So, my question to the forum is does anyone else suffer from this snag in their W205 C Class?

I have a similar buzz but mine is emitted from the drivers vent.

https://youtu.be/G6vtijotDME

I have a number of other issues with my car with no fix yet found.

This may or may not help but worth a try. Krytox is great for this sort of thing, it's available in a spray from VW dealers (expensive about £30 a tin but you don't need much) VW use it to solve sealing problems on the EOS.

I've used it to good success where ever 2 pieces of plastic meet, recently on the passenger airbag. You spray a little on and it kind of works it's way in over a day or two. Wipe off any excess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom