Buzzing and abs,ets,mfi ,B&Q

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smifster

Car
ML 270CDi on 22's
Hi Guys
please help

The 3 brake related light came on today and when i turn my ML 270CDI off there is a strange buzzing noise coming from under the hood, if i depress the brake pedal the noise gets loader!!

It has happend before but righted its self after switching the engine on and off a couple of times, this time the noise wont stop!

Any ideas??

If i disconnect the battery untill the morning will this cause other issues or will it be as simple as that.

I have it booked into a gaurge in the morning so just need a fix for now!

Hi

Yeah it is more than likely the relay for the ESP control/pump i have had a few of these now

You should be ok disconnecting the battery.

Just had a quick look at the wiring diagram it looks like it is could be relay K25 in the front fuse box under the bonnet

Does that mean If i pull the fuse in position k25 it should stop the buzzing?

Its a relay that is in K25 if that is what the problem is it should stop.

It is worth pulling it out and seeing what happens

Its a relay that is in K25 if that is what the problem is it should stop.

It is worth pulling it out and seeing what happens

Brilliant, I'll give it a go and if the buzzing continues I will just disconnect the battery, I'll post the outcome in an hour or so

Thank you for your help and advise, i'll let you know what happens

Hi, Sorry for the delay in my reply..

I openend the bonnet last night to have a look for the fuse and while I was looking for where the fuse is the buzzing stopped....being an total idiot when it comes to cars I left as is and thought that would be the end of it....

Today, I had the tracging and 2 new front tyres done. when I picked the ML up and started the engine the SRS light was on, the machinic then took it on a quick drive around the block to make sure it was OK and also to se if the srs light went out although when he got back the abs, ets and bass lights where on and the buzzing noise was back!!

I drove for ML for about 15 mins and turn it off and on again when I could yet the lights stayed on and the buzzing noise is still happening.

been hone for about 2 hours and the ML is off but its still buzzing,

As i say I an no good with cars at all and thing like this realy drive me insane!!

Time to PX I think!

Hi

Did you try taking out the relay that i mentioned yesterday to see if the buzzing would stop.

The SRS light may have come on due to the battery voltage dropping where the pump is running on for too long.

Have you had anyone look at it and the fault codes read for the abs esp and srs lights on

Hi

Did you try taking out the relay that i mentioned yesterday to see if the buzzing would stop.

The SRS light may have come on due to the battery voltage dropping where the pump is running on for too long.

Have you had anyone look at it and the fault codes read for the abs esp and srs lights on

Willow132, you are a genius...
After 40mins in the freeeeeezing cold managed to find the fuse box (i did say when it comes to cars I am an idiot) I found the fuse you said, pulled it out and it stopped the buzzing...THANK GOD.

Can I drive the ML with this fuse??
Doyou think the fuse could be causing the etc,abs,bass lights to come on?

was it a fuse or relay that you pulled out.

You can drive it without the relay in but will have no ABS ESP and BAS functions as the pump wont be working.

Yeah the relay can cause the lights to comeon as the pump is running longer than it should be and logs a fault in the control unit.

I think a new relay will be about £20

was it a fuse or relay that you pulled out.

You can drive it without the relay in but will have no ABS ESP and BAS functions as the pump wont be working.

Yeah the relay can cause the lights to comeon as the pump is running longer than it should be and logs a fault in the control unit.

I think a new relay will be about £20

I think it was a relay, it was a square box with 4 connecter points!

If it has no ABS ESP and BAS will it still be safe to drive?
I know the ABS stops it from skidding but dont know what the other 2 do.
I would imagine that I could get new relay on Monday from Merc but will still need to do about 80 miles over the weekend, is it worth putting the relay back in when I need to drive?

Last edited:
Merc stores should be open Sat morning. Why not give them a ring. If not just take it very easy. It means you won't have theback up from the systems but in this type of weather if you over do it in the first place their not a lot of help anyway I wouldn't think putting the relay back in will help as it 's probably not working properly but I might be wrong.

Went to Merc dealers yesterday and bought a new relay switch (K25) and lights have gone out and stayed out and the ABS pump has stopped buzzing!!!

Total cost for the fix........£12.99 for the part and about 2mins to fit it!

A big thank you to Willow132 and Lockking for the help and advise.

I might even keep it know!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom