Buzzing when releasing brake?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jryans10

Car
Mercedes-Benz A140
Hi,

When I got my car serviced, the mechanic said my brake discs were lipped, but I took my car for an MOT and even though it failed (but took it back today to get fix and retested), there was no advisory or anything about the brakes - not sure if it's just because there was no need to be listed or anything. Not sure if this has anything to do with it...

Basically with my 2000 Mercedes A140 Manual, sometimes when I release the brake, I can hear a vibrating / buzzing noise which lasts about 2 or 3 seconds - particularly when I've stopped and released the brake, although not sure if that's just coincidence. It just happens when I release the brake pedal, not when applying the brakes, but doesn't happen all the time.

Any ideas what this could be? The noise is coming from the bottom front of the car, I think around pedal area but not too sure.

Thanks everyone!

Is this the main brake pedal or the hand/foot brake pedal that you are talking about?

My GUESS is its something to do with the ABS system. First thing would be to replace the main foot brake pedal switch. Faulty ones often give weird ABS symptoms. Worn brake discs are not an MOT fail provided they are not damaged and the car passes the rolling road brake efficiency tests. It does mean your brake discs are quite worn which will reduce braking efficiency from the factory level of performance. BEST TO RENEW DISCS AND PADS AT THE SAME TIME- you may be surprised how much better the car brakes feel afterwards.

Hi,

Firstly thanks for your replies.

It's the foot brake. I noticed that there is a vibration coming from the pedal when I release it for about 2/3 seconds as well as being able to hear the buzz caused from the vibration.

And I will get them changed soon, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom