By far the greatest car the world has ever seen and its the e55 amg!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice cars, but a bit slow.

Where have you been stranger?

Hey John! :thumb:

Hope all is well up your neck of woods.
Been tied up with stuff recently but I'll make time to get on here a little more regularly.

I trust all is well with your wagon?

Hope to see you soon :thumb:

Rashman said:
Buys C63, only drives it in "C" auto mode.... and then talks about being "involved" in the driving :fail
lol

I must say 55k engined cars are very rewarding when driven hard. Yes some cars are heavy with the 55k engines but boy do they handle well with the weight.

Buys C63, only drives it in "C" auto mode.... and then talks about being "involved" in the driving :fail

Rash, great to see your return, and always a joy to received your wisdom here:D
hope your well my friend.

r

I still cant get over how well these E55 go. They are incredible cars. after one year five months nearly I still fancy this car to bits.

I don't know if I'm imaging it but after I give the 55 a blast once all warmed up and so on the exhaust tone seems to become that bit more brutal. All seems stock from looking underneath.

The mods will begin at the end of the month have a set of span new wheels coming quite excited about those.

The exhaust debate I know loads have been discussed for the e55k but I stll cant decide which way to go. I do like the sound of the headers the kleeman produce but still would like that bit more brute sound without making it to raspy if that makes sence.

Any adviced on what to start with regarding the exhaust mods?

Thanks Tom

Resonator delete with straight pipes installed with C63 back boxes I am liking very much.

- I fitted straight pipes after removing resonator. There is a drone on my car, which is why i believe people normally fit the x-pipe. (msl could have done x-pipe, but i didn't want to be completely catless). It added more volume which i wanted, but i like mine a bit louder. I already had Kleemann Headers and that wasn't enough sound wise. I have C63 back boxes which i will fit when i can get a chance. (Then i'm done sound wise)

For sound i would personally go with back boxes first, C63, Cls55, or money no object there are obviously quite a few big brand names that make great sounds.

For performance, in respect of exhausts, it's the headers you want to change.

Glad you are enjoying it, they are pretty special in a number of ways.

Jimi

You've obviously never driven a TR7 V8 :D

Don't post pics, they are honestly so ugly..... the rubber bumpers, the over hangs.....

And from this beauty?!?!? Tragedy!
7b632eab5688ef47c609055e95537b03.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Resonator delete with straight pipes installed with C63 back boxes I am liking very much.

- I fitted straight pipes after removing resonator. There is a drone on my car, which is why i believe people normally fit the x-pipe. (msl could have done x-pipe, but i didn't want to be completely catless). It added more volume which i wanted, but i like mine a bit louder. I already had Kleemann Headers and that wasn't enough sound wise. I have C63 back boxes which i will fit when i can get a chance. (Then i'm done sound wise)

For sound i would personally go with back boxes first, C63, Cls55, or money no object there are obviously quite a few big brand names that make great sounds.

For performance, in respect of exhausts, it's the headers you want to change.

Glad you are enjoying it, they are pretty special in a number of ways.

Jimi

Appreciate the advice Jimi thanks.

I think I will keep an eye out for some back boxes to start with. C63 preferably the other nor as vocal I take it. Then if not happy start deleting resonators I imagine. Xpipe so on.

Cheers Tom

Appreciate the advice Jimi thanks.

I think I will keep an eye out for some back boxes to start with. C63 preferably the other nor as vocal I take it. Then if not happy start deleting resonators I imagine. Xpipe so on.

Cheers Tom

In my humble opinion, the best sound out of the 55K gives Eisenmann. Discontinued as far as I'm aware so only second hand if you're lucky.

In my humble opinion, the best sound out of the 55K gives Eisenmann. Discontinued as far as I'm aware so only second hand if you're lucky.

Would that be back boxes only or would there be resonator delete involved to achieve a real nice bark?

Cheers

Back boxes only. Someone on here had these boxes paired up with a straight through exhaust and it sounded super sweet too.

Alx said:
Back boxes only. Someone on here had these boxes paired up with a straight through exhaust and it sounded super sweet too.

M113k zzzzzzzzzzzz

C

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom