By far the greatest car the world has ever seen and its the e55 amg!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No idea on the brand or price, but agreed it sounds great.

That does sound good doesn't it. Not too loud and not raspy.

I want to make mine sound more like a V8. My M5 had a Miltek on it and I'd like something that doesn't drone as the Miltek didn't. I plan on doing the manifolds at some point.

Haven't got a clue what this Mi33789 ****e is about but please disclose the dialog zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

anyways few pints taken tonight please allow any mis haps. I have some new yes span new wheels arriving from the US of A lol.

Got a ****e load of stick from a couple of members on here posting about the exhaust clip in question. they seem like good chaps but disagree with there taste in exhaust lol. I think the meistercharft proberly spelt wront is the best ive heard but really not willing to spend that money but my god it sounds perfect I feel. to those two that think the clip above sounds sssssubarru lol shame on you lol

Haven't got a clue what this Mi33789 ****e is about but please disclose the dialog zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It's Banter about two very different Amg engines. One's got a supercharger, & the other one wishes it did. :dk:

Had the old boy out today for a drive the sun was out and it was dry for god knows how long. This e55K amazes me what a machine I adore this car lol

The c63 boxes really do sound brilliant over the stock ones the car originally had. I'm wondering to just leave the resonator in place and not do the xpipe alternative as I can't stick any drone this might produce. Had the straight pipes and that is not for me at all. Amazing when on throttle but cruising speed is awful.

Cheers.

The c63 boxes really do sound brilliant over the stock ones the car originally had. I'm wondering to just leave the resonator in place and not do the xpipe alternative as I can't stick any drone this might produce. Had the straight pipes and that is not for me at all. Amazing when on throttle but cruising speed is awful.

Cheers.

personally think x pipe and c63 boxes is the best everyday set up on the E55

For me c63 boxes and rest of system as stock sounds best. I hated having the x-pipe and resonator delete on my wagon and very quickly reverted back to stock. That was before fitting c63 boxes though, but boxes alone together with shorty headers gives a perfect sound for me. A higher pitched slightly exotic sounding howl compared to stock.

For me c63 boxes and rest of system as stock sounds best. I hated having the x-pipe and resonator delete on my wagon and very quickly reverted back to stock. That was before fitting c63 boxes though, but boxes alone together with shorty headers gives a perfect sound for me. A higher pitched slightly exotic sounding howl compared to stock.

you would hate mine then, no cats or res mid headers and c63 boxes

:dk:Just rather scared if I done the res delete and installed the X pipe it could give of drone sound and it bugs me so much drone.

The stock full system with the c63 boxes sound brilliant just think their can be had that little bit more brute sound with the X pipe H pipe installed:dk:

:dk:Just rather scared if I done the res delete and installed the X pipe it could give of drone sound and it bugs me so much drone.

The stock full system with the c63 boxes sound brilliant just think their can be had that little bit more brute sound with the X pipe H pipe installed:dk:

The resonator is an H-pipe. It’s encased and has a bit of insulation around it but it’s an H-pipe nonetheless.

It's not totally free flow is it , it's enclosed with insulated wadding as such. Not free flow like straight X pipe or H pipe like I have seen on US forums. It's restricting noise sound which the X pipe H piped wouldn't .

It's not totally free flow is it , it's enclosed with insulated wadding as such. Not free flow like straight X pipe or H pipe like I have seen on US forums. It's restricting noise sound which the X pipe H piped wouldn't .

I believe there’s some back pressure in the resonator but it will be minimal. The resonator is an H-pipe in the metal jacket. The jacket does not affect the flow through the exhaust so it won’t be restricting anything.

Sound it will be restricting nosie. It has to be as you say it's in a jacket !!

If by saying “not totally free flow” you actually mean “has some sound proofing insulation”, then yes, the resonator will have some of it.

“Flow” usually refers to gases that pass inside the pipes. Not sound.

Does flow not create sound though I sure think if does , as restricting it lowers it's levels.

Alex, is the H pipe in the jacket perforated at all ?

Alex, is the H pipe in the jacket perforated at all ?

I believe there was some perforation at one end of the resonator. Relative to the solid part it's about 1/4 if not less. I don't have any pics of it, only of the resonator cut open through the middle.

40275664904_281534d7e0_b.jpg

The only reason for asking is ,as Alex has said its till an H pipe so if it were sleeved then there would be no difference to a X pipe apart from the pulses which is another headache altogether ie Drone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom