By far the greatest car the world has ever seen and its the e55 amg!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do take onboard your views and experience guy's but reading up and listening to different X piped and H piped systems and owner opinions its as though there are big differences with both systems in place. The H Pipe is more suited to the forced induced engine as the X pipe is to the N/A engine.

Majority of 55K owners opt for the X Pipe it seems going on video footage.If the H Pipe was so easy to breakdown and remove the additional wadding/jacket why don't more 55 owners take this route? And like I said have the x pipe instead.

Drone is a no go for me anywhere in the rpm range. Owners that have done the resonator delete and had the x or H pipe in place all swear they get near on 0% drone they are either lying or there tolerances are a lot higher than mine.

Just want to eliminate any drone that can be had with a resonator delete system?

I've had the cats/resonator delete and x-pipe since 2014 and have yet to notice any drone. With C63 rear boxes as well, it will sound perfect.

I do take onboard your views and experience guy's but reading up and listening to different X piped and H piped systems and owner opinions its as though there are big differences with both systems in place. The H Pipe is more suited to the forced induced engine as the X pipe is to the N/A engine.

Majority of 55K owners opt for the X Pipe it seems going on video footage.If the H Pipe was so easy to breakdown and remove the additional wadding/jacket why don't more 55 owners take this route? And like I said have the x pipe instead.

Drone is a no go for me anywhere in the rpm range. Owners that have done the resonator delete and had the x or H pipe in place all swear they get near on 0% drone they are either lying or there tolerances are a lot higher than mine.

Just want to eliminate any drone that can be had with a resonator delete system?

X-pipe is preferred due to potentially higher power gains, which will be unnoticeable unless you address and 'de-restrict' the rest of the exhaust. It appears you're only after more noise, in which case gutting the resonator is another option.

I've got a major soft spot for the E55. I'm currently on the lookout for a black E55 post 2004, but they seem to either be incredibly rare, or go really quickly!

It really does seem to be the ultimate sleeper car - it doesn't look too overstated in terms of looks, and unless you know what you're looking at, it doesn't scream "look at me!"

I've got a major soft spot for the E55. I'm currently on the lookout for a black E55 post 2004, but they seem to either be incredibly rare, or go really quickly!

My old one is still up for sale - very well optioned and mechanical sound. (couple of cosmetic bits but nothing major)

Mercedes-Benz E Class 5.4 E55 AMG 4dr

Reactions: Smw
Had the old boy out today for a drive the sun was out and it was dry for god knows how long. This e55K amazes me what a machine I adore this car lol
True ..15yrs old & still shows the whipper snappers how its done...childish (I know) but I take great delight seeing them behind me rowing through the box trying to gain ground hehheeeh.
The other day a young guy came along side gesturing to me to drop the window ,which I did, & he was saying WTF is that car ...I just winked & said "Oh just an oldy like me"...made my day!

Amazing car is the e55K does everything so well it's been said a million times no doubt lol.

That's one sure thing that the 55 doesn't have is a chocolate gear box lol. Not like the smg Shite in the e60 m5 lol. Does it work at all the smg

My car is 2004 so you won't want mine lol. Could be persuaded at the right price lol. No no I can't I'm keeping this monster for as long as I can

C63 rear boxes and headers, rest as is, perfect sound IMO!

I still dont understand the pre post 2004 thing, None of my pre 2004 211's have been any more trouble than a friends 2007 211 lol.

I agree the post 2004 could have one useful feature, The 200mph speedo haha

I still dont understand the pre post 2004 thing, None of my pre 2004 211's have been any more trouble than a friends 2007 211 lol.

I agree the post 2004 could have one useful feature, The 200mph speedo haha

Pre update cars are no worse at all. Internet fake news lol.
And my pre update 04 comes with a 200mph clock:banana:
rTkPIKb.jpg

Agreed.

The other thing I have read is the post 2004 cars could be slightly more powerful don't know how fact this could be but I have heard of this.

Pre update cars are no worse at all. Internet fake news lol.
And my pre update 04 comes with a 200mph clock:banana:
rTkPIKb.jpg
20+Mpg...featherfeet...

I'm over the moon with my early 2004 build lol. The only things I'm.missing are
:pan roof/sunroof
:distronic
:active seats
:rear door shades
:keyless go, but have heard its not a bad thing
:rear heated seats. Unsure if rear ventilated seats were an option?
One thing it has got one amazing engine

Rumour has it post early 2004 cars had more power ?
Mine feels, pulls, like a jet lol

What are the cosmetic bits?

Front tints could do with being removed as light scratches. Front lower bumper is split in the middle / scuff marks etc. Drivers bolster, although no tears, is a little worn. Nothing major and stuff I had planned to sort if keeping. I invested over 2.5k during my ownership and mainly towards new steering rack & column.

Is reasonably well optioned with pano roof / HK / folding rear seats (rare I believe) / command. I also have the Viseeo adapter (boxed) which I plan to put in the classifieds soon...

Reactions: Smw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom