By far the greatest car the world has ever seen and its the e55 amg!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My old one is still up for sale - very well optioned and mechanical sound. (couple of cosmetic bits but nothing major)

Mercedes-Benz E Class 5.4 E55 AMG 4dr

Cheers buddy. That is basically my dream car, and I was gutted when you sold it so quickly - I recall you posting the ad on a Thursday or Friday, and when I called on Saturday morning it had already gone!

They've added a mark up to the cost of the car, which is understandable, but £10k was basically my budget

I'm sure another one will come up - I still live in hope!

Cheers buddy. That is basically my dream car, and I was gutted when you sold it so quickly - I recall you posting the ad on a Thursday or Friday, and when I called on Saturday morning it had already gone!

Yes, sold to a local trader as speed was of the essence and although I had made it clear 10k 'No Offers' a couple of our fellow forumites were still looking to haggle!! :wallbash:

Glad you sold it and got what you were after - £10k was an absolute steal so offers were a little cheeky!

How are you finding the C63 compared to the E55? I've seen a few earlier C63s at £17k and £18k, so rather than spend £12k on an e55, I was thinking of saving a little more and jumping straight to the C63.

Huge fan of forced induction though - I had an Toyota MR2 Turbo for 9 years which I absolutely adored...

Glad you sold it and got what you were after - £10k was an absolute steal so offers were a little cheeky!

How are you finding the C63 compared to the E55? I've seen a few earlier C63s at £17k and £18k, so rather than spend £12k on an e55, I was thinking of saving a little more and jumping straight to the C63.

Huge fan of forced induction though - I had an Toyota MR2 Turbo for 9 years which I absolutely adored...

Certainly didn't achieve what my car deserved!! Never mind, i'm more than happy with its replacement:cool:

E55 - plus points have to be the space & comfort (C63 is a lot firmer!), great all round cruising rocket ship. Also miss the pano roof but can't have it all. Thoroughly enjoyed my 2+ years ownership and wouldn't hesitate to get another.

C63 - just can't get enough of the growl & much sharper handling. Although I haven't had a chance to properly open it up yet it certainly does feel a tad quicker (has been MSL'd), that's when I can get reasonable traction :eek: (hence the need to visit Acid soon!!) One of very few estates around too.

I had the old beast out yesterday was fun. I have been driving the car in suspension setting sport ll lately and I am liking it very much. I think it's down to driving that bit more spirted suits that setting. But when just pottering around comfort is perfect.

I do have aftermarket wheels on my car black on black not to everyone's taste but I really like the way it looks.

I noticed the other day after parking the car and leaving it over night the drivers side rear dropped slightly as I did leave the car in sport ll but sure enough raised up no problem on start up before we headed off yesterday?

The c63 boxes really sounding nice bedding in perfect for my liking. Going through a coupe of tunnels on route was interesting lol. Yet to be convinced with the X pipe mod so holding fire on that for now. Headers are also on hold but is something I would like to add to the car.

Astonishing car the e55 even at the age they are.

Tom

If the H Pipe was so easy to breakdown and remove the additional wadding/jacket why don't more 55 owners take this route?

You missed the part where French was asking about the perforation. Another reason could be not enough people open them up to check what’s inside. Instead chopping the whole resonator off is often a quicker route (and the way for the exhaust shop to shift parts and make money).

You missed the part where French was asking about the perforation. Another reason could be not enough people open them up to check what’s inside. Instead chopping the whole resonator off is often a quicker route (and the way for the exhaust shop to shift parts and make money).

Could well be the very reason why they don't gut the resonator and just chop it clean off!.

Stupid amount of work to expose the so called H pipe found inside the resonator wadding/jacket. Time is a factor also and obviously know how opening up such items has a massive factor.

I'll stick to what I have for now as said above the 63 boxes are bedding in very nice sound better the more miles I'm clocking up:dk:

6 pages into the worlds greatest car thread and the only photo's I could find were a triumph, a rusty silencer and a speedo...

I was only ever after more exhaust tone without any drone power gains was not required at all.

H pipe X pipe was just curious on which was the better option to avoid any drone once either were installed.

6 pages into the worlds greatest car thread and the only photo's I could find were a triumph, a rusty silencer and a speedo...

Add some photos your very welcome :thumb:

I hate to disappoint so.....
irP5epY.jpg

TnDzF4b.jpg

Certainly didn't achieve what my car deserved!! Never mind, i'm more than happy with its replacement:cool:

E55 - plus points have to be the space & comfort (C63 is a lot firmer!), great all round cruising rocket ship. Also miss the pano roof but can't have it all. Thoroughly enjoyed my 2+ years ownership and wouldn't hesitate to get another.

C63 - just can't get enough of the growl & much sharper handling. Although I haven't had a chance to properly open it up yet it certainly does feel a tad quicker (has been MSL'd), that's when I can get reasonable traction :eek: (hence the need to visit Acid soon!!) One of very few estates around too.

Mate I finally bit the bullet and put a deposit down on it - my dream car and if not now then when?

I'll be needing some advice from you buddy!

Mate I finally bit the bullet and put a deposit down on it - my dream car and if not now then when?

I'll be needing some advice from you buddy!

Nice one!! When do you collect the car? By all means pm me with anything, np

The greatest car has to be my SL65 AMG !!! Has to be .................

Upper and lower ball joints to be replaced along with new discs and pads the front end will feel brand new all ready to collect tomorrow:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom